Certainly NOT posting in "Show off your speed!"

granny8nmor

• 1 month later...

I am plagued with HughesNet, I just did a test and got 0.4 Mbps and Hughes says that's perfectly fine... They consider anything 60% of your plan speed good... I should get 15 Mbps and I get 0.4 Mbps, 9 Mbps = 0.4 Mbps... Seems legit. If HughesNet is the only provider in your area than you are about to have some good times on the internet being like Dial-Up. Enter your address on broadbandmap.gov and click on "Find Broadband" and see what comes up. I sometimes get 20 Mbps when there is no clouds in the sky but that's all you'll get from Hughes I'm afraid.

;

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 6:36 PM, LordDonkey said:

I am plagued with HughesNet, I just did a test and got 0.4 Mbps and Hughes says that's perfectly fine... They consider anything 60% of your plan speed good... I should get 15 Mbps and I get 0.4 Mbps, 9 Mbps = 0.4 Mbps... Seems legit.

;

The last that I read, Hughes does consider getting 60% of your "up to" speed to be acceptable.

However, if you're routinely only getting speeds like 0.4 Mbps, then something is wrong. If you have an HT1000 modem instead of an HT1100, then that is your problem.

I noticed that all your really slow speeds were taken around 10 PM. Run some more tests at various times during a day. Take two or three readings in succession. Repeat the tests for a few days at about the same time of day. See if there's a period during the day that always seems to be a problem. If there is a pattern, you can tell your ISP about that.

What speeds up and down are your plan max?