junk...

cappy

Well if this is in the wrong place please move it but over the weekend i went to a LAN, and when i got back home sunday my internet would go out every 2-4 minutes and i keep having to go into network connections and click repair for it to work and im on cable and im making it use a I.P. My isp said not to but i dont realy care!

Any idea why it would just keep going out?

Im on a 2/192k cable line with a surfboard 4100 modem, windows xp pro and umm i didnt change anything over the weekend, could the modem be bad now?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1201 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 147 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Tue May 17 21:39:13 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB download in 6.97 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 37.74 % of your hosts average (cablespeed.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-O2RHUE7IT

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 95 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 12 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Tue May 17 21:39:45 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 85.33 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 52.49 % of your hosts average (cablespeed.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-A29YBKEFM

A few questions first off for you. Are you on a wireless or wired to a router on this LAN. Second how many computers are attached to LAN and are they on-line at the same time or sometimes at least (downloading or surfing I mean.)  There is a very remote chance that you have a bad router or modem but doubtful.  I would definitely make sure you have the lastest firmware from manufacturer if on router for LAN regardless.  Also what service pack is the Win XP on your PC (ie: SP1, SP1a, SP2 =yuck lol.) Next of course make sure you have done or do spyware/ad-ware scans and virus scans of PC or all PC(s) attached to LAN.  Maybe your on a switch on the LAN dunno let us know and if so what brand and model.  Setting you IPA to a specific static one should cause no problems so I greatly doubt this has any thing to do with it.  Check wires to NICK card and router or switch if present to see they are seated tightly (obvious.)  And run a check on router if accessable and look at all stats if you can post them.  Also did you install any recent software or make some changes to OS or programs lately just before problems if so what or which ones.  Check that some process(es) or running program(s) aren't hogging CPU time or RAM significantly if not needed and hogging them or there is way to many if you know they aren't needed then kill those processes.  Post back the info run Hijack this to if still no dice or all else seems fine and post log of it. If all this doesn't seem to get you anywhere than call ISP and have them run a line test and if not or no problems are detected in line from their end to yours or they aren't having service problems or upgrading servers or system or there isn't a systems problem in your area  than demand they send a service tech out to your house ASAP to troubleshoot problem and of coarse ask nicely. ;)  What is your systems parameters including those of the pc and what are your ISP's set bandwidth limits for your area, by the way.  Hope all is remedied soon. Let us know what's up if anybody here can help. And good luck I will cross my fingers for you. Also, who the heck is your ISP  :?: ... since I seem to have missed that or have no clue since I can't find any info about it from your profile or your validation link for speed test  ;)  :D

Peace,

Azag