Windows XP, Drive mapping and servers..... Oh my.

Ok, so I have officially become the IT guy at work, and as most of you here know I don't know jack. So I have a puter running windows xp pro. and have drive z mapped to a server. In order for a cei program to run on my remote comp it has to connect to the server. So I can get it to connect by clicking on the mapped drive every time I reboot, I want it to automatically connect to the server when I reboot. Any idears? :D

Depending on how the share is configured, it should just reconnect when the shortcut for the cei program  is clicked.  Are you having to provide an id and password to access the share?

Yes I do have to provide a name and password and php I already double checked that man. Thanks though.

Check the authenitcation screen that pops up and see if there is a check off to use that id and password for reconnection.  If not, you may have to re-map it and make sure to store the id/password combo when you set it up.. 

You could set up an msdos batch file to execute at startup which would map and authenticate at the same time.....  Network/Security people  would not appreciate it, though.  If you want a batch, let me know. 

EDIT:

Here's a link for directions on re-mapping the drive, but you need to disconnect the existing drive first.  Go to my computer then right mouse click once on the drive and select disconnect.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_fcab_connect_drive.mspx