AVG antivirus problems!!!!!!!!!

billybob12345

billybob12345: I didn't see a screen shot but I have a couple of suggestions.First run your AVG from safe mode .see if that  corrects the problem.You need to get an antivirus program called Stinger it doesn't run all the time only when you manually run it.Save it in its own file in Windows.

Go to safe mode & run Stinger then run AVG & see if the Virus is gone this worked for me on a virus AVG wouldn't remove in normal.While in safe mode you might as well run your anti spyware program too. then reboot.

This is a link for Stinger if you need it.  http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

billybob12345: I definately agree with FallowEarth on the software firewall if you don't have one.This link he provided is a way to manually remove it if the safe mode methods don't fix it.http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453076206 Thats not the first thing I would try though.

Since it looks like it could be spyware I would add running ad aware in safe mode too since I see you have it.Also you might try CW Shredder .

It looks like this might be in a file for user ryan S that was in the screen shot if that makes sense to you.You might do his user logon  to see if the virus would remove that way.

And I wouldn't try to remove & reinstall AVG now I don't think it has a problem after seeing the screen shot.Do the rest in safe mode.

I had the same problem with McAfee a while back.

And I think it was the same or a similar named trojan horse.

I ran a scan in safe mode, and it got rid of it.

If all of your other attempts fail, read these 2 documents from McAfee.

This is the only way I got rid of the virus.

BTW, they recommend that you disable system restore when you do this, so that the virus does not get come back from a restore file.

Edit: standby, I guess I can't upload HTML files.

Try these .doc files:

I agree with cholla about the resolution in the computer associates link:  it is a little bit more high risk, getting into your registry and such.  Try the scan in safe mode first with AVG and your spyware remover, try the link resolution last.  Good luck!

OK, now that I got the document to work, you will see how mcafee lets you download their daily scan file for free.

Then you run it in DOS while in safe mode, the directions are all their.

I actually got this from a McAfee rep that I chatted with when I had this problem.

This is the only waythat I was able to clean my system.

I do run AVG now without any problems, I never had an issue with McAfee, though, I just like the free part of AVG.

Hope it works for you if nothing else does, good luck.

dn0: The dos scan looks interesting I have never had to do this but I am glad to know about it.

The Stinger is a McAfee software If you don't have it its a pretty good addition.I did several things when I had a diffucult virus I think it might have been what actually removed it .Done in safe mode.

dn0: The dos scan looks interesting I have never had to do this but I am glad to know about it.

The Stinger is a McAfee software If you don't have it its a pretty good addition.I did several things when I had a diffucult virus I think it might have been what actually removed it .Done in safe mode.

I never have tried Stinger, but that was the only time I had the virus that would not go away.

Just like billybob, every time I booted, it was there.

I was at a loss, that's when I went to McAfee Support (I was a paying customer then) and they gave me this info.

I saved it just in case of something like this....

yayayyayayayayayayayyayayayayyayaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P it worked......yeah i tryed it in safe mode and it worked now it doesn't show up anymore...thanks guys all of ya!!! well now my pc is safe once again.......thanks guys

Great news!

BTW, if you did happen to disable System Restore in this process, don't forget to re-enable it.