Lsass.exe

rikkkki

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do NOT do this at home  :!: :!: It STAYED disabled !!. I had to maually get to device mgr via keyboard/widows key, etc, AFTER I swapped keyboards. My old packard bell keyboard doesn't have that key. Boy, that was close. Anyhow still got the error.

BTW just read your last post that you were writing when I was writing this one. It's very warm here tonight so I think I'll take a shower and "wash it off" he he Man I thought it would re-enable itself after re-booting. Boy that will teach me to think, huh? Until tomorrow, cheers :wave::icon_salut:

No, it doesn't work that way.  Thought that you would know that.  Sorry about that..... :oops: :oops:  I assumed and we all know what that does..... 

Do you have all of the drivers for your hardware devices?  (vid card, monitor, sound card, etc.)  If you haven't guessed I'm going to ask you to re-install the device drivers for all of the hardware you have the drivers for.  What do you think?

Not a big problem!! I have on board sound(no card) plenty of vid drivers and the monitor is default. Now I don't have to worry bout dvd rom cause I had that program uninstalled for awhile earlier. I will update or reinstall all. The only problem last night with the disable thing was I didn't have the right keyboard hooked up to help navigate back to device mgr. Remember earlier when I disabled some stuff via MS? It seems that it all re-enabled after boot. Short memory to say the least.

BTW How ya doing cak46  :?::lol: :lol: Back in a flash

Not a big problem!! I have on board sound(no card) plenty of vid drivers and the monitor is default. Now I don't have to worry bout dvd rom cause I had that program uninstalled for awhile earlier. I will update or reinstall all. The only problem last night with the disable thing was I didn't have the right keyboard hooked up to help navigate back to device mgr. Remember earlier when I disabled some stuff via MS? It seems that it all re-enabled after boot. Short memory to say the least.

BTW How ya doing cak46 :?::lol: :lol: Back in a flash

If you are doing it, go thru device manager and update the driver manually by selecting floppy, or cd-rom or the directory where the install files are.  Been a while since I've done this, so I will need to look up specifics if you are unsure of how to do it this way.

Be doin' better if this hp I'm working on would just give up and get clean.  Had ICANNEWS on it, only way I found to get rid of it was to deny the computer (System account) permissions to the .dll file.  Only then was I able to get rid of it.... I think.  The file I was able to get rid of mhaatext.dll, was actually protecting the running adware which consisted of three other dll's.  Right now I'm scanning again with ms antispyware, the only scanner that found it.  Just came up clean on that profile, now just started scanning another... Guess what, 2 adwares so far,,,,,,,,, 

BTW:  Tired, but still kickin'    :haha:  How about you?

Ya Monday blues for sure. I was really burned out over the weekend. Ya know, Spyware Blaster stops soooo much stuff before it gets into the puter. It has really worked well, and it's free. Oh sorry, I now remember mentioning that before. Your hp seems to be prolific in it's ability to come up with new cooties constantly  :cry:  And I just have one that is just as stubborn. BTW I uninstalled my vid driver and reinstalled it/ no results. I also scanned the driver files with my arsenal of scanning utilities BEFORE I reinstalled it.

BTWX2: I may have mentioned this before, but here goes. I noticed in the event log that 12 seconds BEFORE every lsass popup  that DHCP has failed to "up the lease" on my ip address  :?: And that is mentioned as an error(red X) I have screen shots. I could send you the one via PM and the other( info from MS) I could post.

BTWX3: After reinstalling vid drivers the wizard also popped up for the monitor so that got reinstalled. Even though I had "updated" it via device mgr. before uninsalling vid drivers. I uninstalled vid dr. through add remove.

ALERT: keep an eye on the MS antispyware, and the littly "ditty" that comes with it. It redirects your original homepage to MSN. :!: :!: :evil6: AdWatch caught it last night. I do not like any redirectional stuff at all. ESPECIALLY i80Soutions!!!! They are nasty. They come with other stuff that you might download and you know nothing about it until you start having problems. Sometimes it shows up in your ad-remove, but when you go to remove, it won't let you until you go to thier site and read all their reasons why you should keep it

Ya Monday blues for sure. I was really burned out over the weekend. Ya know, Spyware Blaster stops soooo much stuff before it gets into the puter. It has really worked well, and it's free. Oh sorry, I now remember mentioning that before. Your hp seems to be prolific in it's ability to come up with new cooties constantly :cry: And I just have one that is just as stubborn. BTW I uninstalled my vid driver and reinstalled it/ no results. I also scanned the driver files with my arsenal of scanning utilities BEFORE I reinstalled it.

BTWX2: I may have mentioned this before, but here goes. I noticed in the event log that 12 seconds BEFORE every lsass popup that DHCP has failed to "up the lease" on my ip address :?: And that is mentioned as an error(red X) I have screen shots. I could send you the one via PM and the other( info from MS) I could post.

BTWX3: After reinstalling vid drivers the wizard also popped up for the monitor so that got reinstalled. Even though I had "updated" it via device mgr. before uninsalling vid drivers. I uninstalled vid dr. through add remove.

Yeah, mondays can be difficult!  Haven't tried spyware blaster yet but may give it a one shot if I can download the whole install to cd-rom?

I don't remember that particular error prior to the lsass popup.  Sure, go ahead and send them along.  If it's the error I think it is, it's not unusual... But we shall see.........  The hP is not on the net and wo'nt be again until I get a clear scan on each profile.  I've made that mistake too many times.  What I fear is there is a trojan or adware/malware that updated at the same tim all of the tools updated, so it is not being found.  Also, it has 4 profiles so each has to be cleaned individually.  Just started another and have found abx trojan downloader along with surfsidekick (which I've found in all of them so far).  I'm going to have to sign off soon, but send the info along.  We'll se whats what and give 'em what for!      :haha: :haha:

Have a good eve!  :icon_salut::wave:

Just saw your note.  Don't like the redirection either!  Yup, this machine also had the 180solutions. I swear the HP has had it all.....

Freeware really isn't free, is it?  :whaa: 

Thanks for the info about ms antispy...... gotta tout their site somehow 'cause they don't have enough, never enough, of the market yet!  :haha: :haha:  Picture this:  :icon_jokercolor:  Billy Gates back in the '70's!  :haha: :haha:

THX!

your'e welcome. I was writing a modify when you signed off. MS does mention that this error is not bad but it just made me a little suspicious when I saw that it was 12 secs before my error. My error"object name not found" could mean alot of things I guess, huh?

I guess I can't figure how to insert the screen shot of my event log to your PM. So for now, I'll post the MS info on the DHCP stuff

Well I guess I'll need a tutorial on how load an image to a PM. It seems to have "insert" icons but that only puts some lettering on the page. Can you help out a guy from the West coast? he he. Or can it be done with PM?

Whoopy!!

69 RAT PM doesn't have the additional options so putting an image  in  a PM is a pain.You have to convert it to code at some place like tinypic.com or photobasket.Then copy  & paste the code in where you  put the regular text.Its the same way you do a sig in your profile.

Well I guess I'll need a tutorial on how load an image to a PM. It seems to have "insert" icons but that only puts some lettering on the page. Can you help out a guy from the West coast? he he. Or can it be done with PM?

Whoopy!!  I just hit 200 posts and now I'm almost famous  :haha: :haha: And one more star!!  Boy, if this doesn't get fixed I'll REALLY feel guilty for all this notoriety because of this one problem  :haha: :haha:

Congrats on being almost famous!  Look at me,  I'm supposed to "Know(s) whats up" but your computer is putting me to shame  :cry::haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:  Did you get my pm for the pic thing? 

Hey cak46 and Cholla too. Yes I sent the shot. Haven't done much today, working on Ebay for awhile. I bid on and won a 2 quart pressure paint pot. Same as I have but it's getting worn out and they don't make them anymore(10 yrs now) by DeVilbiss. Boy what a stroke of luck. Sat I sold that manual(MS Dos) to a woman who used to be a DOS programmer :!: :!: Wants to brush up she says.

I got the manual with an old packard bell puter with a ton of other manuals and DOS installed in the machine. Not Windows  :!: AND a 5 1/4 floppy drive!!

Anyhow, check out the pic. I'm sure it's a harmless thing, it just happens 12 secs before my "info" lsass.exe ditty. I guess I can't call it an error cause MS doesn't say it is, Huh  :?::?: When I did my stupid,(click to end) the action itself must have corrupted something and it just hasn't recovered. It's got ot be in there somewhere. I may have the answer right in front of me(so to speak, I mean I know the puter is in front of me)  :haha: :haha:  but I'll damned if  it's jumping up and down yelling, "hey, I'm over here, stupid"  :haha:

BTW MS isn't calling this thing an error in the event log but when it pops up, that's exactly what it says. "system error"

"Object Name Not Found" and IF it's not an error, then why does it reboot if I click on it too soon  :?: That's strange :icon_shaking:

BTW MS isn't calling this thing an error in the event log but when it pops up, that's exactly what it says. "system error"

"Object Name Not Found" and IF it's not an error, then why does it reboot if I click on it too soon :?: That's strange :icon_shaking:

You can disable the ms time service if you want, since it isn't running correctly anyway.  What are the service control manager errors saying?  I can barely read the timestamps but it looks awfully close to the same time as lsass error.  I see the applic. popups as well.  I forget, You are running a router, right? 

Edit:  My stupid, nevermind about the router question......  BTW: that error does not look like your typical microsoft error popup, to me anyway.  Also, What are some of those informational SCM (Service control manager) events saying?  There is a alot of them......... 

Human interface device access terminated, specified item could not be found. I get that evrey day the next one is a timeout for the service control mgr., but obviously you can see where it does start working cause of all the entries after that. The HIDA is the one that maybe something, though

Human interface device access terminated, specified item could not be found. I get that evrey day the next one is a timeout for the service control mgr., but obviously you can see where it does start working cause of all the entries after that. The HIDA is the one that maybe something, though  :?: Where is the ms time service. I couldn't find it in the sevices,,,,,,, Yes, I've been running a router since I got onto my kitchen  puter when something I was running was taking forever(it was in safe mode) might have been trojan hunter. Anyhow, damn,this thing is eating up my lines again when I hit the space bar

MS time service in the internet options?

No, it's under services in your control panel way down at the bottom of the list.  Sticky spacebar?    I don't remember this issue.  Does it delete the lines or act like a backspace key?

I forgot to mention that the very first system event is"eventlog" X2 as you can see. The first application popup is the lsass "error" and the rest seem to be normal

Yes, but its happening right after the event log starts, so it could be something going on prior to the event log starting.  Gotta go.  Will try to sort thru the logs tom. evening. 

Good Evening!! :) :)

Hello 69rat...

If what I say isn't acceptable in your situation just ignore me....lol

But there comes a point when a clean install is the fix,

After trying so many things over 5 weeks, Disabling this, uninstalling that, reinstalling, loading windows over windows, copying one install over the other.

It sounds like your system will never run correctly no matter what you do at this point.

Format and Clean install.

Just my opinion, hope you don't take it wrong.  :-|

MYRIAGON.