Lsass.exe

rikkkki

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won't be here.  :cry:  Goin on the vacation..... Back in a week or so but might check in monday........  :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_rr: a salute to the ms dude.... :icon_salut: :icon_salut:  :whip2: maybe this is more fitting  :haha: :haha:

Edit:  Just joking...... :)

Microfoft suggested that I select "diagnostic mode" in msconfig and restart. So I did. While it was booting(during the blue screen) I got "Executing: C: Windows/system32/wlnotify.dll" It took a few and then it booted WITHOUT THE ERROR. After everything was "on" I went to TUT (the ultimate troubleshooter) to check my startups and got the same error that I was getting befrore I ran the repair process(with the sp cd) a few weeks ago."Windows Scripting Host files is missing". Then I

Microfoft suggested that I select "diagnostic mode" in msconfig and restart. So I did. While it was booting(during the blue screen) I got "Executing: C: Windows/system32/wlnotify.dll" It took a few and then it booted WITHOUT THE ERROR. After everything was "on" I went to TUT (the ultimate troubleshooter) to check my startups and got the same error that I was getting befrore I ran the repair process(with the sp cd) a few weeks ago."Windows Scripting Host files is missing". Then I  noticed I had NO internet connection at all, not even under"network connections" where the properties page was blank(like before my repair) my mouse was not working right either. Well I know that certain things are not going to work during this phase, but at the same time, the things that were not starting were things that I installed after this error started in the first place. So I wonder what else is involved when I run the diagnostic mode through msconfig. Anyhow, I put it back the way it was and rebooted and got the error again.  :cry:

Long time no write.  :) :)

Go ahead and check the diagonostic mode then look at the Startup and Services Tabs.  Note the items that are unchecked during the Diagnostic startup.  If I remember correctly, if you just use the regular safe mode, the error occurs so it could well be something disabled for diagnostics mode.  What you could do is try to disable each item on your list one at a time, then reboot and see if the error does not come up.  If the error occurs, then re-enable the one you disabled, then disable another on your list and reboot.  Do this until all on your list have been disable, one at a time.  Diagonstics mode starts you in safe mode.  (most likely the loss of net connection).     

Hey, good to "see" you back. While I'm trying some of the above, check out my new keyboard!!!!!!!!!

BTW I did get rid of the error for while, by disabling something in my services(I'll have to look for it now) Anyhow, here is the link

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

Quite a keyboard!    Seems like quite a learning curve for that one! 

0adfldfkjffads

Thats me, typing without looking at the keys! :haha: 

If you can figure out which service it is, most likely you can replace the program file with one that works.

back again. I forgot that I had been doing some homework while you were gone. I will post some stuff here. First will be what I was getting when I was trying to make some changes, second is Spybot startups BEFORE Diagnostic mode and the third is after Diagnostic mode. You'll notice that the win logons are all still there.

This just happened when I cliked on my computer/manage and this popped up. I have seen it before but forgot about it.I clicked OK and then went to Services. Anyhow the service is "security accounts manager" that when disabled the error does not come up.BUT WAIT, there's more. Here's one for ya.EVERYTIME

BTW did you get my mail with the post about what PCMightyMax found. My god, did I have alot of junk in there or what?

BTWX2 I had some trouble with msconfig and TUT running at the same time. They warn you that it could cause some serious problems and I got into some(another story) So, I have gotten rid of TUT until further notice

Haven't checked mail yet. 

Understand on the TUT issue.

Does the lsass error come up before or after the disk defrag error?

From the errors occurring with msconfig and component services along with the lsass it sounds more like a permissioning issue, not so much a corrupt file.  Have you been able to run xp's version of disk defrag?

The error only comes up if the error isn't there to start with, otherwise if it's already there, nothing happens cept the window freezes.

On the defrag thing, I think the error was still on the screen. It doesn't come up when I get the defrag notice. Only when I click on component services. I have never run the default xp defrag uitility. I have always had a third party defragger.

Update: I just tried the my computer/manage thing and the defrag notice came up but the error did not. It does not cause the error.

Just read the email.  Sounds like windoctor which comes with norton sysworks.  Very handy for cleaning the reg. out. 

Have you ever gone into the local group policy objects?

http://www.theeldergeek.com/gp05.htm

Take a look at this link.  I've messed with this a bit in w2k, but not xp.  See if there is anything disabled that might sound familiar.  (Remember the group policy changes in you logs?)  Could be that something is set at disabled that is necessary for a program which would explain the permissions errors (lsass, etc.) 

You can just disable group policys all together by adding these registry keys:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/enable_disable_local_group_policy.htm

(Back up your registry first.....)

I'll go for it now, but when you were on vacation, I had to redo the xp repair again just to fix the problems I had with msconfig and tut. Everything was OK after that. I, at that time left all services in their default postitions and since then have only changed a few of the no brainers. I have never, though, clicked on "restore defaults" I will check your links.

Well, I did make a few changes to the group policy editor. Nothing earthshaking. I did however, enable all snap-ins and a ditty that enables the system to dowload missing components (com) maybe like the defrag thing, which of course is a snap-in. I'll have to reboot and see what happens  :roll:

I wrote everything down just in case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Everything in there was not configured except Messenger which I knew was disabled from a long time ago(I have a little ditty that disables it) and keeps it out of the task tray. Well, here goes, reboot time

Sounds good..... Got hung up checking my email from work.  :cry:  Sorry for the delay.

How'd the reboot fare?

You may want to consider looking in users/passwords.  I realize you are a member of Administrators but check to see if there are any other groups that you belong to.  A prohibition for one of the other groups could be causing the problem.  If you aren't a member of another group, add yourself to the users group as well, retaining membership in Administrators.  Then click apply and exit out of the users/passwords then go back into it and remove yourself from the Users group.  I had mentioned rewriting your acl  (or XP's equivalent if it) a while back.  Did you ever try that?

:haha: :haha:

Enjoy your Hash....  never had that myself.  What's it made from? 

Last movie I went to a theater to see was Start Trek Generations.........  Many a moon ago...... Saw a trailer on Stealth a while ago....  Looks pretty good....  Probably wait for the DVD, though. :)

Did you try to start the service or reboot after changing it to automatic?  I just edited my prior post about your userid.  Many of the security services, including the Security Accounts Manager, are tied directly to the lsass process.

I must fly for the nite but will be back in the morn.  :):icon_salut::occasion14:

I do remember the group thing. I am authorised as a user and administrator. I can't quite figure how to add myself to a group, though, I did enable the account for ms support in the group section.I have not been able to download any updates from ms cause I can't download/install the new windows update installer v/ 3.1 I'm not sure why but I feel that I could use some of the latest updates for SP2, I did enable windows installer in the policy editor, maybe that will help.

Ahhh hash, haven't heard ot it eh? It's popular around here. Comes in roast beef or corned beef. Looks like dog food when you take it out of the can. :haha: :haha: It would have been great for a Lake Sabago "Sap-ova" breakfast

Sorry I was amongst the missing yesterday.  Tied up with clean up (YardWork)  from being away for vacation.  Try removing yourself from the Ordinary User Group.  This might be affecting your ability to run what wants to run.  Go to users and passwords, select your logon and it should give you options to change the membership.  Here's a link on how to change group membership with XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/usercpl_change_group.mspx

Sounds like hash would have been the perfect pickmeup for those "next morning" vapors!  :)

Hey Dude. Well, I'm not all that sure that I'm part of a users group. I took a couple of pics to show you some of the settings. I'll post these now and then tell you what I found out over the weekend about our favorite error and what make it popup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!