my school connection rox

disturbed

My schools only have T1. I get 9mb/s.

Your upload has improved right? But your schools (more than one?) are always going to beat you in upload speed.

But they pay for it, and you get lotsa speed for less money :)

I'm still waiting for the upgrades that may never come. There's not even a rumor yet. :roll:

Your upload has improved right? But your schools (more than one?) are always going to beat you in upload speed.

But they pay for it, and you get lotsa speed for less money :)

I'm still waiting for the upgrades that may never come. There's not even a rumor yet. :roll:

Yeah, I go to my high school for half the day, then I go to my tech school for Information System Technology for the rest. Both have T1.

Yeah, their upload is better, but I don't care about upload. I never upload anything.

Go download, Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:lol: Well thats the only way to get svc for free,.....lol..... so anyone that says that wireless is worthless isn't thinking about people getting free svc. Its really amazing if you ride around in a car and search for signals they are everywhere, of course this is against the law so I would not encourage this, but from an educational point of view it is kinda cool :wink:

8) Microwave

lol i get a linksys signal at my house but its too weak to run the internet tho... so close to unintentioanlly free internet service! nooooooooo! :cry::wink: lol

I use Linksys wireless g router in my home, but I have it set up with mac limits so someone would have to really know what they were doing to steal it..... I hope. :shock:

depends... do you also have wep/wpa enabled?? If that is the case it will take some time and require your computers to be on and active... War driving is fun but dont do anything illegal.. It isnt worth the rath of the law... I am just kind of suprised at the fact that that school has a wireless internet... It just doesnt seem to be as secure as it could be... I mean school networks tend to be fairly locked down... It would be fairly easy for anyone who knows what they are doing to get in and do some damage...

wep isnt the best but paired with mac filtering it should be fine..

I hope, with all the government hacking I do on a regular basis. :D I dont have anything anyone would want unless they just want to steal my connection in which case they would have to go to alot of trouble to do it.

yeah.. most people are more interested in chilling out side your house and using a packet sniffer to steal your credit card info or stuff like that.. :lol: There is basically no protection against that... once the encription is cracked it is to late

Good thing I dont use credit cards...wew. Yea the only thing they are sniffing from me is my posts here and what reading I do. The internet is the only source of learning I have since the Discovery Channel and TLC turned into the remodeling baby shower channel.

your school is on wireless??

damn that is a huge security hole... what the hell were they thinking?

yea, thats what i asked and they told me 'its to make sure that you students wouldnt try to put any programs on your computers because we would be watching u little brats...' then i said 'that doesnt answer my question! any nut-job could come up and sit in the ditch out of school and get free internet service and then start hacking us...' :roll:

man i hate my school...