Hey Cable, little help?

Shug7272

So I didnt know you were a Cox sales rep. My friend lives in north Texas and has Cox. He recently switched from DSL at my suggestion. So now he is DL at like 900k FREAKING HORRIBLE. He calls up Cox and they say "Everythings fine, we dont see any problems" so then hes like "Oh yea well your mother ***** horses you dried up piece of******** **** and you can **** ******* UP YOUR **** ASS." I think it got a little heated. So whats up, whats going on you got any ideas. What can he do about it? Any helps appreciated.

Just realised I put this in the wrong section, sorry.

So I didnt know you were a Cox sales rep. My friend lives in north Texas and has Cox. He recently switched from DSL at my suggestion. So now he is DL at like 900k FREAKING HORRIBLE. He calls up Cox and they say "Everythings fine, we dont see any problems" so then hes like "Oh yea well your mother ***** horses you dried up piece of******** **** and you can **** ******* UP YOUR **** ASS." I think it got a little heated. So whats up, whats going on you got any ideas. What can he do about it? Any helps appreciated.

Just realised I put this in the wrong section, sorry.

How very mature and polite of him. I would have cut him off from service if some ass said something like that to me.

I have no idea, since no one ever uses the correct KB/s or kb/s tags, so tell me which one you are using. KB/s is what you download at, kb/s is what you usually see on a speed test.

900KB/s equates to 7372kb/s.

900 KB/s? That is just amazing for Cox.

I must have phrased it wrong, let me rephrase..... Its slow as turtle with a fecal impaction. And Ice it was a joke, but he did get mad and I dont blame him the idiot on the phone had no idea what they were talking about. His downloads on average about 6 times SLOWER than his neighbors with cox. So after about 6 emails and calling 10 times he got upset after they refused to help. Any how im a little dramatic and I guess you didnt see that. Ill make a disclaimer for ya next time. :wink::lol: He is lucky if it is 900kb/s is that right like mine is around 5000kb/s down his is like 700-900.

Oooh, so he gets 900 Kbps. That explains it.

Has he made any attempt to tweak? Windows standard settings suck. The problem could be anywhere, but if Cox claims it isn't on their side, I'd check the computer connected to the internet first.

Yes he has, I understand a little about tweaking and helped him out with that. It didnt help though. I also had him run Sys. Mechanic Indust. with its cable modem tweaks and that didnt help either. When I ran the same program it helped me, so I dont think tweaking is the answer. Im thinking maybe bad cable modem, bad wireing, or they just have him caped wrong because he NEVER gets above 1000Kbps although it does fluctuate.

Well if it's that bad' date=' tell him to demand they send someone out, or he'll cut the service, because he isn't getting what he is paying for.[/quote']

Yea, he tried that but apparently it didnt phase em, the said " Sir if we send out a technician, you will just have to pay for it and he cant do anything, its working fine" or in so many words thats what they said. He doesnt want to go back to DSL so i was hoping to find out something we could do. Im thinking maybe a new modem and new cable drop. After that im outta ideas.

Well first of all tell him to go to home depot and get some barrel connectors ... you know like these...

247370172.jpg

Then tell him to by pass all his splitters (hopefully he only has one splitter if the tech how installed everything was smart all the lines in the house should be home run... meaning that there are strait lines to each tv or modem or whatever with no splits along the way.

After he by passes the splitters tell him to unplug the modem for like 10-15 seconds --- just to make sure everything is reset. then tell him to test afterwords and see what he gets -- if he hasn't already done so tell him to use this >> https://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe ~ works great.

Now if everything works great after that he either has a bad splitter or is getting too low of a signal after the splits - then if you call Cox and tell them "If i by pass the splitter it works fine" and the splitter is on the side of your house... and the tech doesn't need to come inside the house, you should not be charged for the 49.95 service call --- if the problem is inside your house here is what you can do to get around the service call. Just call in and order "Cox Service Assurance Program" or CSAP for short - it is 3.95/month and gives you free service calls -- but you will need to suffer a month before you call in for the service call otherwise they will charge you anyway.

Hope this helps, he should not be getting speeds that slow... but also keep this in mind, Cox HSI and most non TIER1 services do not guarantee any specific level of service -- Cox does not ever say "you WILL get 4Mbps" they say "you will get UP TO 4Mbps" which is a big difference.

Tell your friend to join the forum by the way ;-) -- that is of course if this friend isn't you ---

"Dad I need to talk to you about something... I got this friend who likes this girl... but the girl is really a guy, what should my friend do." :haha:

"Well Billy, first of all your a little homo. Second of all, your not really my son." :haha:

I always wanted to see that episode on Growing Pains or The Cosby Show .. hehe