Time to show off the new box...

CA3LE

Okay, upgraded my box.  I just couldn't wait any longer for Dual-Core.

I really didn't need an upgrade but I got a good friend to buy my old stuff off me... so I put a bit of money on top of that and found an excuse, I used to have...

OLD:: AMD Athlon 3000+, DFI Lan Party NF2 Ultra-B, 1GB Corsair Dual-Channel DDR, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with an Arctic Cooler (ran at room temp)...Thermaltake Silent Purepower 410W PSU

Everything except the Radeon was like 6 months old, some of you may have heard all of the praise I have given that video card... it seriously was the best product (for my computer) I have ever purchased.  I got it when it almost first came out, it was ridiculously expensive and I was unsure if it was worth it... well it was, after YEARS of operation it ran strong, the fan went out but I got the Arctic Cooler for like 20 bucks and the card was even better.  Up until just the other day I was still playing all the newest games at full everything with no problems (Half-Life 2, Farcry (tiny lag at full), World of Warcraft.. etc..).  Anyone who is debating if it's worth it or not shouldn't worry.. it is, save the money if you have to.  Better to buy one video card that lasts three years than buy one every year to keep up (my opinion), but if you don't have enough money to get the new X800's on the market try the old Radeons, they are still awesome and only about $120-130 now.

Okay, so I ended up getting...

NEW:: Asus PSWD2 motherboard, Pentium-D 2.8, 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC2 6400 (running at 800MHz) Dual Channel, Asus Radeon X800XL 256MB, Thermaltake Purepower 460W 12V 2.0 PSU (new standard)... still using my Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Aluminum case, 160GB SATA and 80+80G SATA RAID-0 array... also got a new Lite-On 16X DL dvd burner, up from my old 8X single layer (which didn't match my case anyway.. lol)

I haven't done any tweaking and overclocking yet, but I think my 3DMark scores stand up pretty good... wish I still had 3DMark 01 to run just for laughs, I ran 3dMark 03 and 3DMark 05...  I'm sure after some tweaking it will run better but I think I'm happy for now :)

Post your scores ;-)

oh.. and the internet is actually running better now, didn't even think that was possible.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 9134 Kbps about 9.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1115 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Jul 14 2005 20:44:01 GMT-0700 (US Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 163X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.92 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 180.36 % faster than the average for host (cox.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BCONW394J

oh.. and the internet is actually running better now, didn't even think that was possible.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 9134 Kbps about 9.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1115 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Jul 14 2005 20:44:01 GMT-0700 (US Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 163X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.92 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 180.36 % faster than the average for host (Cox.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BCONW394J

Nice, CA3LE! How is the upload, have you reached 1Mbps :?:

:cool: