Dualboot Win XP Pro + Linux

VanBuren

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i been testing that Suse dist, atleast i tested to install it  :haha:

i had a 20 GB partition NTFS on c: with win XP Pro

its a 80 GB HD so i had 60 GB unallocated free space, linux suggested me to use that space to install it, and i did

everything worked great, until i was going to start up linux after install  :lol:

my monitor freaked out, it couldnt handle a refreshrate of 43 Hz so i could see anything on the screen

i know Linux found the monitor and reported it correctly, also the same with my videocard

for some reason, the refreshrate changed, the resolution was set to 1024x768 so my monitor can handle 100Hz in that mode.

I gave up, figured ill post here to get some help, so i restarted pc and clicked on windows in "Grab", windows wouldnt load WTF???

I tryed Win XP commands, fixboot, fixmbr nothing helped

I had to reformat and reinstall windows, no big deal cos i always back up things  :haha:

maybe i need to have my c: with Win XP in FAT32 to get it work with boot, what do you guys think?

VanBuren :)

lol van.. what you need to do is partition say 10 gb with partition magic then run linux installer set it up to install on whichever hd.. then tell it to install on the partition instead of drive C: i installed mine on drive I a partition i made.. when i did that it asked to delete drive I and format it.. i clicked yes and everything worked out.. if that doesn't work i have no idea..

lol van.. what you need to do is partition say 10 GB with partition magic then run linux installer set it up to install on whichever hd.. then tell it to install on the partition instead of drive C: i installed mine on drive I a partition i made.. when i did that it asked to delete drive I and format it.. i clicked yes and everything worked out.. if that doesn't work i have no idea..

linux installer created 2 partitions on my unallocated space, so it did install on a d: and e: partition, the e. was for linux swapfile

VanBuren :)