Intel 3.6 GHz or Intel dual core 3.2 GHz ?

VanBuren

hey guys, today i got an offer of leasing a PC, here is the basic package and also a picture of options to upgrade it.

too bad they dosent offer AMD, o well this should work pretty good i guess  ;)

any thoughts about the options to the basic package? I havent checked out any tests with that dual core 3.2 yet.

Edit: btw here is a pic of the rig

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_xps600?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

VanBuren :)

sweet

imagine this machine crunching numbers in folding hehehe

looks like a beast to me VAN :)

edit:

the dual core machine is godo if you run like 10 programs at the same time and they are not very CPU consuming

if you want to use programs like video editing and folding and stuff that will EAT your CPU go for 3.6

few programs actually yet out there made for dual cores, folding doesn't run well on dual core, it runs only on one of the cores

you forgot to say in your prev. post, (or i missed it) that it was free. why exactly then are you asking if you should max the package out to the gills or not?

:lol: its not free, but i guess its a good deal :)

i wanted some second opinions on that Intel dual core i havent checked it out much myself

well, single core or dual core. hm. single core acts like 2 cpus with HT. dual core acts like 4 with HT. you loose 400 mhz with dual core versus single core, but yoiu get 1 core with 2 virtual cpus to make up for that. so i guess it will be at least as fast, and the more optimized the software is for HT, the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup...your going to have an awesome PC!! :evil6:

hehe yea i think i will be happy, even tho Intel Dual Core is not the best for games, i will post some benchmark later, think i will get it in a few weeks  :D

hope it will work great for hosting and playing on same PC, i remember i hosted 16 players on Call of Duty with my old AMD 1700+ and could also play  :haha:

will test that Intel and see how many players it can handle before it starts lagging hehe

DUAL CORE!!.. I have the same system.. the XPS.. the specs for the system are a bit higher than mine .. mine is Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0GHz) w/Dual Core Technology .

it has 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz though which i think i put too much. dunno what I was thinking, should have added RAID to the system but whatever. I love my PC. It runs incredibly smooth. Still have had no problems. I got it 2 weeks ago. All I can say is that you'll like what you have. The double SLI video cards sounds very nice.. mine is a 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition  which is good enough for me. :)

DUAL CORE!!.. I have the same system.. the XPS.. the specs for the system are a bit higher than mine .. mine is Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0GHz) w/Dual Core Technology .

it has 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz though which i think i put too much. dunno what I was thinking, should have added RAID to the system but whatever. I love my PC. It runs incredibly smooth. Still have had no problems. I got it 2 weeks ago. All I can say is that you'll like what you have. The double SLI video cards sounds very nice.. mine is a 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition  which is good enough for me. :)

cool, sounds great  :D man 4 GB RAM  :haha: thats overkill  ;)

haha when does this system show up van burren? i want to see this new toy.. pic are a must

i was hoping the order was sent monday, but i heard it was sent today and has 2 weeks wait, so its pretty close  :D

Haha it took mine a monthg to get here. it was delayed TWO times.. I hate that I'm so excited when i cheked the day of shippin and then it got email that it was delayed two. Then it was 2 weeks after and i was excited again and when i checked the status the day it was supposed to ship and it was  delayed AGAIN!.. bah but its worth the while 4 GB of ram is HUGE so its great for games .. load fast and mutiple programs at once all very nice.. haha

• 3 weeks later...