Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rayth

Successful Bellsouth Fastaccess 1.5 PPoE tweaking

Recommended Posts

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1214 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 148 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Sep 30 22:47:07 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 22X faster than 56K 1MB download in 6.92 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 56.02 % of your hosts average (bellsouth.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Z8KCHUI7L

if anyone knows how to increase the speed, please tell me. I have tried all the recommended settings and have had no results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone knows how to increase the speed, please tell me. I have tried all the recommended settings and have had no results.

That's about right for their 1.5 Ultra service, you might be able to see as high as 1250 or so, but over 1200 is perfectly normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

based on the 7% overhead, the max is 1350 Kbps, with a dl speed of 174

the highest dl speed i have had is 156kB/s......maybe the bellsouth overhead is just more though...or maybe im just unlucky

*this is a bit off topic, but thanks to all the people that posted the dial up cablenut settings (my cousins dial up bandwith is now 102kbps/12.8kb/s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...