WHat's wrong with my connection!??

chefboyrd666

okay, half a year ago, i got cable 6mb, and for bout five months it ran flawlessly, i had my and my bros comp hooked to a netgear router.  but starting last month the internet started acting fishy.  i could only connect to the internet maybe every 2 hrs.  so we upgraded the firmwire on the router, it was okay for two days, then it messed up again, now i can download through bitcomet (but cant really reach my potential), and to use p2p software, i need to hook to an ultrapeeper which can cut my downloads down too.  the few times i can get on the internet (now) it works fine (8mbs), but i can't get on whenever i want, just wehn it works, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes tooooo loooooong to download stuff.HELP

Guest thecableguy

well, i have microsoft anti and norton running almost 24-7, and as for sufficient power tahts ok, cuz my bros computer can always connect and its fine.