harddrive help / what do i buy

x_6985381

i want this from circuit city

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Seagate-Internal-Hard-Drive-ST3300831A-RK-/sem/rpsm/oid/118287/catOid/-12976/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

but i have know clue what kind of connection is needed for that

like inside my computer theres only one cord its red and connects directly to the mother board

all there is, is a power and that little red cord heres a link to my computer the one i bought.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-VAIO-Desktop-PC-VGC-RB44G-/sem/rpsm/oid/125301/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

and i have some specs you might need below.

harddrive : wdc wd2500jd-98hbc0 // 250 gig

intel pentium 4 ht tech.

graphics card: evga 6600 pci-express

dvd dual layered write / read

cd-r // read only

Please help i need to know so that ican buy it for christmas <321

ok. the red cable would be the serial ata cable and there should also be a power connector. the problem is the circuit city site doesn't say wether or not the comp has a standard ata interface, which is what the drive you picked needs. it should, but i don't know how far out there sony is concerning proprietary system setups. you would need to check your documentation wether or not you have it, or post here what brand/model the mobo is. also, you might want to check other dealers than circuit city for the harddrive. i know that my local costco usually has a nice hdd for sale, at a good price. newegg, tigerdirect etc. also are good places to .look for a deal. things to consider are: do you want a bleeding fsat hdd or is size more important. or both. shop and compare before you buy.

Hey, thats why i bont buy anything with the sony brand, good for nothing, my EOS20D camera uses a CF memory card, 2GB bout $160, a sony 2GB memory card will be bout the price of my EOS.

sony SUCKS

I love Sony 'My computer is a Sony Vaio, DVD players, Old VCR, Car stereo and my Digital camera is a Sony DSC-F828 8 mega pixel camera and i have a 1GB Memory stick which i paid $150 a year ago now im getting the 4GB High Speed memory stick that is coming out soon' but i will wait til the price drops  since its as much as my camera is worth or more'

Keep it Serial ATA150 as it's faster & much cleaner (you have plenty room left for connection):

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831AS 300GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Here is the drive your looking at from your link, but cheaper (IDE version):

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831A 300GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive