Im still looking for some help

dyslexic

THANNKKKK YOU VAN!!!

I did some more things with cablenut and look what i got! The first few times i was getting around 4.8, Over 300% more! but then it went down to about 3.8 Mbps which makes sense because my connection is advertised at 4 mbps. Is that as fast as i can get it? Im still looking for some help.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3835 Kbps about 3.8 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 468 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 68 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.19 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=B77C6TS5B

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is: 513 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Upload Speed is: 63 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line: 9 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 16.25 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=GVXJFSB3A

THANNKKKK YOU VAN!!!

I did some more things with cablenut and look what i got! The first few times i was getting around 4.8, Over 300% more! but then it went down to about 3.8 Mbps which makes sense because my connection is advertised at 4 Mbps. Is that as fast as i can get it? Im still looking for some help.

Normal ISPs give you 90-95% of your connection, you're already at 95%, so I doubt you're getting any faster without killing the others on the node. Nice speed.

:) dyslexic,

Welcome to the site and don't forget to tell your friends about the cool test site you found.....Nice speed you have now,my connection get double the speed from out of the box default settings to using the same settings you used.It is nice that there is a way to tweak and make such an improvement:) Keep testing and visiting..........

8) Microwave

Hey sorry about posting in the wrong thread. I just tested this today and it looks great. I havent actually seen any difference when im using my comp on the internet. Should i be downloading at 585 KB/s if i download from a fast server? Should bittorrent be faster for me or is that pretty much limited by whoever im downloading file from. Also, should i have a lot lower latency on online games now?

Why is it that when i first test i get around 4.8 mbps but after a few more tests it goes down?

Sorry im asking so many questions but can any one help?

Your connection is: 4796 Kbps (about 4.8 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 585 KB/s

Your TRuSPEED

Dyslexic, you won't notice much of a browsing difference, unless you're on sites that contain large amounts of images and such. Through bit torrent, the most I've ever seen was around 250 kb/sec, being as you can only download what others upload. So to answer your question, yes. You are limited by whoever you are downloading from. I guess your ping will not be lowered.

Just out of curiosity, what are your current TCP values?

Should i be downloading at 585 KB/s if i download from a fast server? Should bittorrent be faster for me or is that pretty much limited by whoever im downloading file from. Also, should i have a lot lower latency on online games now?

Why is it that when i first test i get around 4.8 Mbps but after a few more tests it goes down?

My guess is that when downloading a big file you probl will see a average speed very close to your cap. 4000/ 8 = 500 KB/s

Bittorent is not a good speedtester, and latency cant be tweaked.

you wont get same result over and over again, unless you have a very clean route to testserver.

VanBuren :)

why is their no varification link... :?

Why would i lie?

I feel like im stealing free cable. I'm up to 5mb when im only paying for 4. And to think that just a few days ago i was only getting 1.5. damn, well i think ive done all i can do here. Im out until i get a problem, then u guys will be the first people i come to. Thanks a lot.

You're not the one stealing bandwidth here, altho some really do seem to get way more than they pay for. Lucky bastards.

btw, if you want to post a score copy the text in the text box, which is at the bottom of the page. There's even a handy link that copies it for you, all you have to do then is paste it here. Try it.