Tweaking internet in Linux

DJVageli

Hey guys..how or what should I do/use to tweak my internet speed using Linux...on my Windows XP I use Cablenut ofcourse,and keep my PC in top shape..or try to lol,but since I dont have too much experience with Linux..what would I do to get my speeds the way theyre supposed to be on it?

Unlike windows linux is already optimized for high speed internet connections.  :D

i havent used Linux myself, and i have never tweaked a linux system

dont know what you mean by high speed internet connections, but let me put it like this

before Cable tweaked the testmy.net servers, i maxed out at 3.5 Mbps

today after he tweaked, i max out at around 30 to 35 Mbps

so id say, Linux is not opimized for high speed internet connections by default, even tho it might be faster then Windows default settings

VanBuren :)

Hey guys..how or what should I do/use to tweak my internet speed using Linux...on my Windows XP I use Cablenut ofcourse,and keep my PC in top shape..or try to lol,but since I dont have too much experience with Linux..what would I do to get my speeds the way theyre supposed to be on it?

ive been using linux for years, and ive have never tweaked my internet on it, it always gets it just right. so i would not worry about tweaking it.

Ive been usind suse for a while as I am no expert, but as quoted earier, most dist config themselves unless your using  a mini ver. such as a small server ver, but I do brlieve they rely heavyly on cache and memory, rieser, swap, for smooth operation! Done a few tweaks , but you must be a guru to do so Sorry of the spelling but i'm in need of sleep, big time been learning code  and taxing myself a bit .