Can my comp handle pci-e cards

Kingknight67

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope agp and the processor was not originally 1100 mhz, it underclocked on its on and will not go back to its original speed.  Its an amd athlon xp 1800

you still havent be able to get that thing to go back to its orignal clock speed.

amc....that's cool.  What night wants to do is get another motherboard that will take a PCIe Card, which is fine.  What I'm trying to explain, is that the processor he uses will NOT WORK in a new motherboard that uses PCIE.  That's all.  That's why I am saying that he needs to get another processor too, because the one he has now is going to be nothing more than a paperweight with a new board.

You don't HAVE to get a new processor.  There are a few socket 478 motherboards out there that use PCIE rather than AGP, but they are expensive.  Also, as the above poster said, you might as well just save up some and get a decent new computer, rather than having "half" a new computer.  In the long run it would cost less.  You could sell the old one on ebay. 

You don't HAVE to get a new processor.  There are a few socket 478 motherboards out there that use PCIE rather than AGP, but they are expensive.  Also, as the above poster said, you might as well just save up some and get a decent new computer, rather than having "half" a new computer.  In the long run it would cost less.  You could sell the old one on ebay. 

those 478 motherboards with PCIE are all for the most part, for the Pentium M processor. a regular P4 wont work in it.

I would just get a whole new computer if i were you, you could get a good deal on a pre made computer if you dont want to build

i would also go for a new computer, you can get them so cheap today from someone like dell. you can even build one for real cheap.