200 Mbps Broadband over Power Line HD networking gear- anyone using this ?..

thegeek

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

The United Power Line Council (UPLC) forcefully replied to concerns about harmful interference from BPL in reply comments filed today, and urged the FCC to move forward quickly to develop rules that will encourage more development and deployment of BPL services to the public.

so thgey want the fcc to change the rules so bpl can be used. uhuh.

see this thread for info on bpl and why it is a bad idea.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-13729;all

and i find their comments about amateur radio operators insulting. i am not one but i do have some military training in certain radio operations and what an "amateur" operator knows exceeds my limited skillset by far. they are amateurs by designation only.

(remember all the disasters where ham radios where the first lines of communications available.)

Earthlink plans to offer BROADBAND OVER POWER LINES too:

http://www.earthlinkconed.net/index.html

EarthLink Rolls Out Wi-Fi Network

by Wendy Davis, Monday, Jul 3, 2006 6:00 AM ET

AS PART OF ITS EFFORTS to grow market share in the wireless sector, Internet service provider EarthLink last week began rolling out a major Wi-Fi network in Anaheim, Calif.

EarthLink also is building similar Wi-Fi networks in New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Milpitas, Calif. EarthLink also recently partnered with Google to submit a winning bid to provide free Wi-Fi to San Francisco. The Google-EarthLink bid beat out five other bidders--including CBG, MetroFi, NextWLAN, SF Metro Connect, and Razortooth Communications.

EarthLink also said late last week that DirecTV had agreed to buy Internet access at wholesale rates on the Wi-Fi networks that EarthLink currently is building, and to resell the service to retail customers.

AOL--which continues to lose dial-up subscribers--and EarthLink also reached what EarthLink characterized as a non-binding agreement to purchase wholesale Wi-Fi service and resell it to consumers. In addition, EarthLink said it is in talks with AOL to offer AOL.com content and Web assets on EarthLink's network.

In addition to Wi-Fi access, EarthLink also intends to offer broadband-over-power lines. Last month, Current Communications announced it had received $130 million in funding from a variety of investors, including EarthLink. The Germantown, Md.-based Current Communications is rolling out a network that provides broadband access through electric lines.

and what exactly in that article makes you think earthlink wants to roll out a bpl project? they are setting up Wi-Fi networks. buried at the bottom of the article is a little blurb about a company that has received a total of about 130 million dollars from a variety of investors, among them earthlink. so lets say ten investors sharing that amount. that means that earthlink has invested 13 million dollars in broad spectrum radio jamming bpl. this tellsa me that they want to own part of the company should it become a success but do not  plan on doing anything remotely like that themselves. (to me they seem to have much too much sense anyhow to try a harebrained scheme like that.)

a blog page is such a reliable source of information. much better than actual government studies of the issue that come to the conclusion that the radio interference issues are just too great. why do you think that the broadband at the cost of everyone elses radio frequencies over powerlines people are "requesting changes to the rules" so they can comply with them? because the way the rules for radio interference are now there is no way that bpl can be legally operated.

Google's Major Investments Hint Search Giant Might Become ISP !!!!

read:

BY BRIAN DEAGON

INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Posted 7/7/2006

One day you might be able to tell your phone or cable company to cancel all services because you have a new provider

It will suck at first, but like all internet they will get the bugs worked out. And if not at least they will cause enough price cutting as to get the others to be more competitive on their own pricing, and the areas they will cover. Like DSL stopped 2 blocks from my house out in the country.  :angry4:

It will suck at first, but like all internet they will get the bugs worked out. And if not at least they will cause enough price cutting as to get the others to be more competitive on their own pricing, and the areas they will cover. Like DSL stopped 2 blocks from my house out in the country.  :angry4:

Same here but it stoped about 0.20 Miles Away SO close but so far

i wish all of you that want to try bpl luck. and i'm sure you never liked your cordless phones, cellphones, baby monitors, wireless networking, garage door opener remotes, remote key fobs, EMS radio, radio, TV all that much anyway.

the only thing BPL speeds up is your descent back into the stone age...