Great Connection, High Ping

demigod019

Hello, I am new to these forums so I don't know if what I am asking has been hit on a thousand times or not but any help would be appreciated.

I am having lag issues when trying to play any PC game online. It used to be that all my online games worked fine then all the sudden one day I was lagging extremely bad when entering any online game. The weird thing is that when I come here and run a test I get 5/5 stars, but the moment I get into a online game it's unplayable.

At first I thought this might be a router issue so I tried directly connecting it into the modem (Comcast), but it didn't fix it. So I took my computer over to a friends house who plays the games all the time but my computer was still going extremely slow.

I tried swapping out my video card for his video card but the issue didn't get fixed.

I tried swapping out the RAM in the computers and upped mine to 1.5 GB but it didn't fix the issue.

I took my computer to a shop to get it fixed and they believed it to be a overheating issue. So they installed more fans and swapped out the video card. I took it home and the same problem persists.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the games multiple times to no avail.

I have done system restores to no avail.

I have ran spyware and registry clean up programs that have fixed many issues but do not help with the problem.

My main issue is that I can download files upwards of 2mb a sec, but cannot play a online game that I used to play fine. I have a 1.9GHz processor, 1.5GB of Ram, a 256mb Video card. I don't think its any hardware related issue.

In one game for example I can run around for a few seconds at a latency of 400, then after a minute or so the latency will all the sudden jump to the thousands. In other games its choppy from the get-go.

Any advice? I have spent countless hours trying to fix this and am almost tempted to go buy a new computer out of frustration.

:hello: :hello: Hello and welcome. :D Glad you signed up. As for your question... DAMN. It seems you have covered alot of the things I would have said.  :haha: The only thing that pops into my mind is upload speed or maybe drivers. You have the latest DirectX? Damn man I dunno but I hope someone here does. Do you mean that your internet connection slows or the whole game (PC) just kinda bogs down?

I believe the games came with the latest Direct X. I have 9.0C installed. It's an internet connection issue because if I play a game that isn't a MMO like Far Cry or F.E.A.R. it runs fine.

I see, could it be a upload issue? Have you checked your UL speed. I could look back and see if you had but I am at work and in and out. Anyway if you havent try that. Also maybe your ISP has you on a cap where if you DL so much in one day they throttle you WAY back. If you are using a router maybe try changing the ports you are using to some ungodly number. I dunno man just throwing ideas out there.

Can you post your test results links here for us? And dont mention it, thats what we do here. Everyone needs help sometime. Im getting off work so I am going to move this thread to the help area  and Ill pick up trying to help you after I get home. You can check out this thread it MIGHT help.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-1013

Also, here are the results.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 365 Kbps about 0.37 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 45 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/26 - 2:57pm

Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 22.76 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 13.00416 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 88.16 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-QCE6LPKS3

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 [!]

Here is the DL results.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 9515 Kbps about 9.52 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1161 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/26 - 3:03pm

Bottom Line:: 166X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.88 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 10.469 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 71.47 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MSCNPX32Q

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 [!]

• 4 weeks later...