High pitched noise

Swimmer

Alright this has stumped me for quite some time now..

I acquired a HP Pavilion ze4400 from a friend..  I have had it for about 3 months and for some reason it has extremely high pitched noises coming from it..  I disassembled it to clean the fan and heat sink earlier this month..  That didnt seem to help the cause.. I am pretty much open to any suggestions on how to get rid of it.. I have heard about the speaker in the model being like this if there was a power surge..  But i was told that the only reason that he wanted to get rid of it was due to a faulty hard drive and dead battery.

Thanks guys..

Alright this has stumped me for quite some time now..

I acquired a HP Pavilion ze4400 from a friend..  I have had it for about 3 months and for some reason it has extremely high pitched noises coming from it..  I disassembled it to clean the fan and heat sink earlier this month..  That didnt seem to help the cause.. I am pretty much open to any suggestions on how to get rid of it.. I have heard about the speaker in the model being like this if there was a power surge..  But i was told that the only reason that he wanted to get rid of it was due to a faulty hard drive and dead battery.

Thanks guys..

Sure sounds like a pwr supply to me....

all right bro - ....i dont know if this is a coincedence....but

i had some annoying high pitched noise come from my computer area as well.....took me a while to find out where its comming from...and as it turns out, it came from my monitor  :? .....that was wierd because it seemed it was comming from the box, but every time i would come close to it, it would dissapear......

...wierd

all right bro - ....i dont know if this is a coincedence....but

i had some annoying high pitched noise come from my computer area as well.....took me a while to find out where its comming from...and as it turns out, it came from my monitor  :? .....that was wierd because it seemed it was comming from the box, but every time i would come close to it, it would dissapear......

...wierd

You have a very good point....

If you are talking REALLY high pitched I'm thinking its your monitor. Does it sitll make the noise when your monitor is off? My friend's monitor makes that really high pitched noise, but only at the higher refresh rates. Funny thing is he can't even hear it because apparently he can't hear noises that high in pitch.

If you are talking REALLY high pitched I'm thinking its your monitor. Does it sitll make the noise when your monitor is off? My friend's monitor makes that really high pitched noise, but only at the higher refresh rates. Funny thing is he can't even hear it because apparently he can't hear noises that high in pitch.

Hehe, that reminds me.  Name that site: "Is your monitor on?"