All you OC'ers out there...hows about some tips....

ispgeek

If you really want to o/c, it's worth getting a water cooling system...I have a thermaltake water cooler, and it works like a charm...

My cpu gets to maybe 40c when playing BF2142....Now it stays really cool, because the room is cool(I have the radiator mounted outside of case, away from the case..)

Temps aren't my problem with o/c'ing now, its my crappy memory that is in need of an upgrade very soon...

I got my 4000+, which has a locked multiplier, up to 2.7 from stock 2.4...My memory I think is what can't keep up...I have it at just over 2.6 and it runs rock solid...You said you bought good ram, so you should be able to go up a bit more.  I could probably stretch it to 2.8 with good ram..

Water Block...

I knew BF2142 would be mentioned somewhere there lol :grin:

Dont worry,I wouldve mentioned it too :wink:

Water cooling is going to be my next step. I used the stock fan now and my cpu temps are 36c to 42c [ room temp can make a big different in temps] just doing normal stuff and can go up to the lower 50c during gaming and I only went from 1.35 volts to 1.4 volts . Make sure you have a good air flow in the case if you are going to stay with air cooling.

Voltages also depend on the chip...My AMD 4000+ nominal voltage is 1.5, and I have it @ 1.6v to keep it stable due to o/c.  If I set my voltage @ 1.4 on this chip, it would be so unstable, it probably woundn't even boot.

ISPgeek, that chip has an unlocked multiplier correct?  If so, you have more room to go than I do..The 4000+ has a locked multiplier, so I am limited in how I can o/c it...

Edit...Wrong link...That was for my friends board..I have to look for the link I was thinking of..  :idiot2: <--some good info on fsb, htt, voltages, etc...

I knew BF2142 would be mentioned somewhere there lol :grin:

Dont worry,I wouldve mentioned it too :wink:

When you buying the full game biotch...  :knuppel2:

My 4400+ will only go down.  11 is the highest it will go upward on the multiplier. I think the FX cpu are the only AMD duel cores that can go upward. I do not know if you can OC a pre build system maybe you can do it with a software program like the one Voltageman said early in this post.

I would agree with everyone else...Overclocking an HP could be a really bad idea, and the bios may not even let you...

Best to build your own rig, then blow it up....It's more fun that way  :2funny:

I would laugh at this but it scares the hell outta me just thinkin about it....I know exactly what I spent for this beast...all told it isn't pretty....AMD had not lowered its CPU prices when this baby was aquired...that should give you a general pic of what the overall box cost.

I would laugh at this but it scares the hell outta me just thinkin about it....I know exactly what I spent for this beast...all told it isn't pretty....AMD had not lowered its CPU prices when this baby was aquired...that should give you a general pic of what the overall box cost.

The know exactly what you mean...I bought my stuff when prices were very high...Let's just put it this way...I could buy an FX-60 Dual core for what I paid for my chip back then, and still have money left over for a motherboard.  :tickedoff:

Did not blow up any thing yet,but I am on my second motherboard.  Asus RMA the first one  twice before giving me another board[seem like alot of people are having problem  with the A8N -SLI  Premium board after 6 months]I  Build this system back in Jan. with a 3700+,pay the same price for the 4400+in August[after AMD lower their prices]

Did not blow up any thing yet,but I am on my second motherboard.  Asus RMA the first one  twice before giving me another board[seem like alot of people are having problem  with the A8N -SLI  Premium board after 6 months]I  Build this system back in Jan. with a 3700+,pay the same price for the 4400+in August[after AMD lower their prices]

Okay....now ya really got me scared.....spill the beans bonzo..I want to know all...PLEASE!!!

I do not think my problems with the motherboard is cause by  overclocking. The board run fine for more then 6 months. Then one day it crashed,then I could not get it to restall windows,then it would not even post or post real slow. RMA it to ASUS they rework ECN,ECR,ARN, that what the paper said that they sent me. When I put the computer back together it work for 2 days then crashed again,would not restall windows but still would post.Call ASUS again this time they replace the board instead of trying to fix it. The computer been working fine for 2 weeks now. Like I said in my other reply [#40] alot of people been having problem with this board after 6 months. The little OC that you want to do should be no problem,just keep a eye on your temps when you first overclock the computer.

ISPgeek How did you make out with your overclocking. What cpu MHz did you get up to.

What are your voltage and temps.

To be honest with you I am in research phase still....not to mention I am in the middle of some hardware moves to make it a bit easier to access my equipmnent.  I will most definately post my results though.....meltdown or not... :grin: