laptop deal?

starship_troopers

ok im back just to ask for advice on a laptop. i want a high performance laptop with at least a 2 hour battery life. it can have 1 gig of ram thats ok, i have another gig stick of ddr2667 just sitting in its box.  but i want like a 8600gs or something that will run games such as cs source fear, bf2 moh airborne...etc. on medium/high to high settings.

i have a cap of around 1300 or so dollars usd.

heres what i was thinking.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220190

any advice. i would like something similar to this in graphics power, and everything but oppinions for deals like this are needed.

thanks,

starship_troopers

for those of you who would like to know (LOL) im gonna be back in the next couple days hopefully, i got everything done earlier than expected and had some help. just have one more thing to do but that will be over time so im not too worried. hopefully i'll be back by the end of the week

the asus is ok...

But the dell inspiron 1520 is also very good for the just about the same price

2GHz core 2 duo

1GB Ram

15.4in screen

256mb 8600m

250GB hard drive

$1089

Me personally i would go with the dell because it is a better built notebook, gateway also has a few good notebooks for that price

• 2 weeks later...