virus help

mudmanc4

Thanks coknuck, we had to do a system repair from the OS installation disk. So far s, so good! 

Previous trial would not even allow for a boot from the cd, imagine that!

The parasite is "Virtumonde" , an nasty trojan that infiltrates the entire system , including trackers, keylogger, re-installation scripts, on and on.  It's still there, but I feel w/ a bit of tedious work can be removed. This sucker even changed the admin password. Someone has ownwed that machine for at least 12 hrs.

Yikes. Sounds pretty nasty. People like that that make those virus' need to be in jail.  :tickedoff:

I think we have covered the topic here once before, that the advertizing companies tracking where you go, in the same manner as adsense and such. Look forward to many of these in the near future. 

And Tommie, jail? if they infiltrate our OS , then yes I agree! But who wants to see ads? not us, so they do this crap to get to us. If you begin to see subtle popups here and there, even embedded into webpages, this could be a symptom.  DO NOT USE the norton stand alone removal tool!  This is what caused the system "epilepsy".