audio converters

Thank you Dlewis,

That worked fine. I Didnt know before this that i could get this program on a windows box.

Then i realized i can make a .mp3 dvd disc with my Nero 6 Suite.

Yea it use to be mac only, but its so good and so many people wanted it, the guy made a windows version of it.

YouTubeDownloader available on the YouTube site will convert .flv to .mp3.

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Also Free YouTube to Ipod converter will do this

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-iPod-Converter.htm

SUPER can also do this.The download is a little hard to find on the SUPER site I think on the 3rd or 4th page after you select download.It's been a while since I DLed it.It's worth the trouble.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter will convert multiple audio files to .mp3.

Make sure you create a different folder for the converted files or you will end up with a mix of file types in the original folder.

Here is how I put multiple Album CD's converted to .mp3 to a CD -R disc.The reason for doing it to a CD -R is newer car CD disc players will play this when most don't play a DVD disc.This disc will play on a settop DVD player that supports .mp3.

If you still want to burn to DVD disc they would hold a lot more .mp3 folders.& would play on a computer & some settop DVD players.

Some of the information would only apply to converted album CD's.I don't think there are tags for converted .flv for instance.

Here is the method I use for doing this kind of disc.I didn't put this in the instructions because you might not have it but I run AnyDVD when I do this.

I prefer DAO so I wait until I have about 8 to 10 albums totaling 700MB or a little less.

You can create them as you have time then when you have enough do the burn.

EAC(Exact Audio Copy)

EAC pulldown

Drive options.

Extraction Method tab:

Select: Secure mode with following drive features.

Leave both checked.

EAC options

Command line argument needed. When setting up EAC.

Filename tab: %N _ %T

The spaces make the songs display better.

freeb/Database options

freedb tab Need to put in your email address & select the "Get active freedb server list"

You need internet connection for EAC to work.

Database pulldown : Get CD information from Remote freedb

Locates the CD in web data base in EAC it auto names files.

Action tab: Detect Gaps Analyzes

Check mark to append gaps to previous track.

Edit pulldown: Select all

copy tracks uncompressed to a temp folder.

close EAC

Then create group name folder then album name folder for each CD.

There are some other settings in all the options you may want to set that will be specific to your burner drive.

Next with dbpoweramp

From the temp folder

Compress to 192kb MP3 with DMC dbpoweramp with Mp3(lame).Advanced options constant bitrate.

I use 192kb & would not use less.

Put in album name folder.

with Mp3tag v2.40

Use tagger convert id3 tags

Edit pulldownselect all

Tag Sources pulldown first freedb then if no album art Amazon.com then freedb again.

Make sure the group & album name is like you want it in the tag source window before you OK it.

Also there will usually be several options choose the one closest to your album.Then verify with the songs& album art.

Ok the tag.If it's not like you want just do it again with another selection.

close tagger

Burnaware Home Addition or Any burner capable of burning multiple folders to create standard data disc .

Add group folders

use burner no multisession & DAO

So it should be burned as a data disc & the ISO setting should be ISO9660 + Jolliet If your cd burner lets you make that

setting.

• 2 weeks later...

starship_troopers ; Just wanted to know if the how to helped you put the .mp3s to CD -R disc? Or if that was what you wanted to do.

On further checking settop DVD players will not play .mp3's from a DVD disc .They will play mp3s from a CD -R disc.

This is due to the RIAA & MPAA.They would have stopped it on CD -R too but they were too late.

starship_troopers ; Just wanted to know if the how to helped you put the .mp3s to CD -R disc? Or if that was what you wanted to do.

On further checking settop DVD players will not play .mp3's from a DVD disc .They will play mp3s from a CD -R disc.

This is due to the RIAA & MPAA.They would have stopped it on CD -R too but they were too late.

Yeah this has always piss me off

4 gigd of mp3s would be killer

i wonder what will happen with blue ray

plz let us use those disc to carry mp3s