Iisp's In Provider Drop Down Menu

SolitaryMan422

Hi Y'all, I just joined today after running the speed test, which wasn't as fast as I thought it would be? I'm not a newbie, But I'm no IT either; so please bear with me. My question is: After running my speed test, I went to the provider drop down menu to try to find my ISP. You see, I was automatically put into Bellsouth.net as an isp for my email address ends with that isp, But AT&T took over bellsouth down here in Florida & they told me to just stay with bellsouth for my email addresses. Why isn't AT&T in the provider list?

Thanks IraC

Hi Y'all, I just joined today after running the speed test, which wasn't as fast as I thought it would be? I'm not a newbie, But I'm no IT either; so please bear with me. My question is: After running my speed test, I went to the provider drop down menu to try to find my ISP. You see, I was automatically put into Bellsouth.net as an isp for my email address ends with that isp, But AT&T took over bellsouth down here in Florida & they told me to just stay with bellsouth for my email addresses. Why isn't AT&T in the provider list?

Thanks IraC

The reason is because I query your host information, it's fairly common for ISPs that buy smaller markets to keep the host information the same as it was for years...

For instance, people who were on Cingular Wireless have obviously been on AT&T for some time now. But when they test here they show up as Mycingular.net stats.

I kinda think there isn't an AT&T in the drop down because they've built their market off of buying up smaller providers... and have kept the old hostnames for some reason. That drop down list is built automatically and lists all host names with a curtain number of tests.

You should be comparing yourself to other people being detected on Bellsouth however. If you look at the host stats for BellSouth I've added AT&T on there. But hopefully in a few months time I'll have my new and improved host detection in place that will fix issues like that.