Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jharbin123

Excel Export Time Problem

Recommended Posts

Love the site. Don't know if this is a bug or not...When I export to Excel, the time stamp in Excel is one hour behind the actual time stamp of the test, which is displayed correctly on the web page. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've corrected the issue... That script hadn't been updated to offset time automatically.

Can you confirm the correction please? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time is now correct. Thanks. However, I just wanted to point out a couple other things. The date is not displayed anymore. Only the time. Also, I was comparing the download result on the web page to the test score on the excel sheet, and the excel sheet's value is slightly higher (~200 kbps) on all points. These are not issues for what I will be using the data for, but I thought you would like to know. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time is now correct. Thanks. However, I just wanted to point out a couple other things. The date is not displayed anymore. Only the time. Also, I was comparing the download result on the web page to the test score on the excel sheet, and the excel sheet's value is slightly higher (~200 kbps) on all points. These are not issues for what I will be using the data for, but I thought you would like to know. Thanks!

That was obviously a script that was in dire need of updates. I made the necessary corrections and added some new functionality as well. The speed test score now exports converted 4 ways. Kbps, Mbps, kB/s and MB/s -- this should make it easier for anyone that may be exporting to make their own graphs... also why I leave the data raw like it is. I also gave it the ability to transcribe the extra ID information. (I actually store that in the database as a number, not text... it saves space. Those numbers now resolve.)

Please let me know if you see anything else that I might miss. I'm just one guy, with the world as my debugger. Thanks for the help! :icon_thumright:

I always appreciate any input, thanks again.

- Damon

post-2-0-40263700-1326502528_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that the upload plots no longer reflect the actual numbers the test results report. The .csv file looks OK. The download plots look OK. The upload plot looks like it's missing the last 3 data points in mine. It looks a lot like the plot above.

I noticed in the csv file that there are more download test data points than upload points - i.e. I ran download successive times. But it looks like the upload plot is shifted in time.The time stamp in the data file looks like the up and down pair time stamps are correct, but the plot doesn't match the data

post-82979-0-70787900-1326564105_thumb.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed in the csv file that there are more download test data points than upload points - i.e. I ran download successive times. But it looks like the upload plot is shifted in time.The time stamp in the data file looks like the up and down pair time stamps are correct, but the plot doesn't match the data

The information is correct in the graph, it's being plotted as Mbps but shows in the details as Kbps, because it's under 1Mbps. The numbers are correct though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...