Google hosted domains retired

mudmanc4

Got emailed by google saying there hosted domain service will be retired.

• April 18: Hosted domains will become inactive and it’ll no longer be possible to earn from them

• June 27: Hosted domains will no longer be available in AdSense accounts

</p>

• March 21: You’ll no longer be able to create new Hosted domains

I cannot imagine why they would be doing this other than cleaning up the internet by censorship. Hell I have somewhere around 30 + domains hosted by google which are associated with adsense. I cannot imagine how many tens of thousands will be effected.Guess I'll get to making a page for each one and placing other adds on them, and a link to where they can be purchased.

muddy do you pay them for these hosted domains?

It's always been free. Basically they win because of there contracts with advertisers get paid if there are clicks or not. So it's a good easy dump for stagnate domains.

My thoughts are there are so many illegitimate domains out there hosting google ads , that otherwise would be worthless without. Unless of course the owner creates there own page with usable content. That google is trying to clean up on behalf of the advertisers.

Domains I'm referring to would be an example~ tstmy.net , easy mistype can make a nice chunk in adsense. Illegal? Yes , enforced ? No . Would have to be discovered and brought up to ICANN.