Toronto test server OFFLine

iceb

Thanks CA3LE

Totally understand Maintenance Downtime, gotta keep gear updated.

Kudos on your ‘Failover’ logic for Test Server selection. When I noted DALLAS was used, I of course checked MIRRORS & no Toronto!?!!

As I wasn’t sure if You were aware of Toronto status so I spoke up.

BTW, is DALLAS the Failover Test Site for North America/Continent or Planet ;) ?

( maybe a Feature Tweak there ;-)  )

I offer a FEATURE Tweak of MIRRORS :

- specifically for Toronto which currently  lacks duplicate nodes, update the Site Descriptor with ‘Down for Maintenance’ and make Site ‘UN-pickable’ .

Thanks again … your site is still the Best Kick-Ass Speed Testing beast !

Thank you for speaking up, your feedback helps a lot.

Dallas is the default for in case of complete fail over but the number of test servers at the other world locations prevents most locations from going completely down. And as you noticed, if your locale is unhealthy you'll fail over to Dallas while your selected location is offline and return to what you selected after it passes health check.

Behind the scenes the system for server health is all automated. Servers are taken offline and brought back online automatically depending on availability and load.

I love the idea of giving more of a status on the mirrors page to give you an idea why a server might not be available. I'll work on that.