Trouble at your end?

wintroub

I'm running normally to Dallas myself.

TestMy.net Test ID : xJEqAvBKE

Switch your mirror to Florida or New York to compare.  Might just be something with your routing to Dallas right now.

If it's persistent I wouldn't ignore it.  Variables are the same on my end, if you normally get higher speeds and they've dropped all of a sudden it's usually an indication of something.  The fact that speedtest.net or other speed tests don't pick up on this doesn't dismiss anything. 

It's extremely common for other speed tests to report different than TMN.  They don't calculate the results as transparently as I do and you really don't know what they're doing to arrive at their number.  

My new version, result shown above, gives you ways to adjust the result perception.  Example, you can delay the start of the calculation or calculate based on percentile.  These options are off by default but show you how the result can easy be altered without necessarily lying.  Did the speed happen, yes... does it help you by only knowing the best parts of the result?  I don't think so.  So I always calculate based on everything that happened.

Here's a test moments later with 50th percentile and graph delay enabled.  Keep in mind, that's just 50th percentile, other tests could crank it up to 95th percentile or something for all we know.

Below: Same test, same servers, same variables... except I'm ignoring a lot of important information.  This isn't how I test but I put the option in there to help illustrate how perception can be altered easily.  And if my connection were running poorly right now the difference would be even more pronounced.

TestMy.net Test ID : Y8qkmq-yl

If you'd like to get an invite to join the beta visit https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/34612-beta-testers-welcome/

First things I do when I get much slower than expected results...

reboot the router, modem and computer.  Then test again.

- If it's persistent I'll try another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Brave).

- If it's slower only in your preferred browser (Firefox) and not the secondary then I'd clear cache & cookies or Refresh Firefox

Click the Firefox menu button menu_ff.png, click Help and select More Troubleshooting Information.  Then click "Refresh Firefox"

Please let me know if any of this helps.