Upload Speeds - Specific Servers

RCLake

Running into a problem at a specific location complaining of slow websites (medical/documentation site).

Upload speeds for all those other sites show nearly ISP stated speeds (100/100 dedicated fiber).

testmy.net upload for my closest server (Dallas) shows a miserable 300kbps

testmy.net upload to Colorado Springs, CO shows nearly ISP stated speeds (100/100 dedicated fiber).

The windows server at this location testmy.net upload to the closest server (Dallas) shows nearly ISP stated speeds (100/100) for locations other than Dallas which shows around 10Mbps (still many many times faster than workstations)..  So the issue is largely limited to the closest Dallas server on the workstations on this domain only.  Has me a bit stumped, any ideas?  

Have pointed the workstations direct to 8.8.8.8 on DNS to try and eliminate a DNS problem with the server.  

Thanks,

server dallas.PNG

workstation colorado springs.PNG

workstation dallas.PNG

It may have been a routing issue.  Has it cleared up yet?

If I saw something like that happen as @xs1 said, I'd run traceroute and compare to a known working machine.

As for getting it fixed.  Depends on where the issue is, could be on your provider's end, my provider's end or one of their peers in between.  Usually, these kinds of problems resolve on their own.

It may be that there was only an issue going to and from that specific datacenter.  As long as you're testing good across the greater majority, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Unless it starts affecting the real communication that you do.

Important thing... we know it's not unique or localized to your computer or network.  You've proven this by testing across multiple networks and showing greater results. ;)