MS paint pops up German messages?

Guest PeePs

Guest PeePs

Ok, so I was downloading some torrents and stuff and one wouldn't work so I went to this German site (you know...... one of those torrent file sites) that was in all German and after realizing I couldn't read anything I exited the site. So then when i was in paint and tried exiting and usually it would as "Do you want to save the changes to Untitled" or something like that. Well...... now it says this.... is my ocmputer infected or can i change the language or what?

Guest PeePs

Hmmmm, it was still on English. The wierd thing is that everything else seems to be in English still. Everything except theat one in MS Paint. I guess I can live with that lol........ sure does seem really really odd though, hopefully its not some sort of virus or anything.

sounds like your computer might have been hijacked.. the MS paint lauch code might have been changed to ping a server and host torrents.. but that is highly unlikey in the short amount of time you were on the site..  You could try a windows restore to before the site and see what happens...

Guest PeePs

I was on the site for probably 30 seconds. I did have to click enter to go in, and i couldnt read the rules and everything, but i didnt have any pop-ups come up or anything, and it never asked to install anything  :?.

You

• 3 weeks later...

This very well could be any of the 12 or so versions of the W32/SOBER-*@mm hijackers; the German text is a dead giveaway, as most of these originated from Germany & similar virii-producing countries. Try running a few of the "stinger" programs from McCafee or Norton, possibly this will fix it.