Need help with color problem on computer

Randon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does she connect to the Internet?  Have her check in Device Manager to be sure there are no conflicts with her hardware under the new driver.  Could be the new driver is setting IRQ/DMA differently than the old or adds a piece/part of hardware unsupported by the old driver. 

I will have to ask I think its a DSL but I can't remember.I had her check for conflicts before on the old driver when I was trying to find what the problem was & there weren't any conflicts then.I need to have her check with the new driver.

The problem is it takes a while because she has to install the driver to check then install the old one to get back on the internet.BTW the new driver completly corrects the display problem.

That's great that the video issue is resolved.  Network/connectivity issues are a bit easier to work thru.  How much do you know about her system hardware config? 

Assuming she's using a nic, it might be a bit easier to fix the internet issue.  If you can, get the model of the nic (pray it isn't an NE2000, the scourge of the networking world, in my view).  Have her note what driver her system is using for her nic on both the old and new video driver.  Before she "rotates" her dirvers, have her look at the back of her machine where the internet connection goes in and see what, if any, leds are on and what each is doing.  After going to the new driver and full reboot, have her look again at the leds and note what is happening with them.