can this be fixed?

Orignal_Cronicus

If you are trying to format the drive, I assume you are preparing to do a fresh install. If that is the case, you would come out alot better if you allow the installation to do it for you. Just pick the drive, and select the the type of partition you want.  :D

If you just want to format the long way, sometimes using this command works: format c: /s

lol comon man im not a huh, duh what u say, noob lol

but yes the long eformat what im trying to do but everthing works as it should the boot disk , loades everything fine its just i C:/Format C: n it confirms i wnana do it, start and before it reaches 1% it shuts down and says formating is not permited on the c, terminating format.

now im not trying to just use the xp cd to flip it or a nuker do this the "long way as u said"

so what do i do from here to reformat the long way being i never saw a drive not permiting format like this b4

suggestions?

but yes the long eformat what im trying to do but everthing works as it should the boot disk , loades everything fine its just i C:/Format C: n it confirms i wnana do it, start and before it reaches 1% it shuts down and says formating is not permited on the c, terminating format.

now im not trying to just use the xp cd to flip it or a nuker do this the "long way as u said"

so what do i do from here to reformat the long way being i never saw a drive not permiting format like this b4

suggestions?

Yoy cannot format the C drive if you booted up from the C drive.  You need to boot up from another drive, say A and then issue the FORMAT C: command.

Enter FDISK and remove all partitions. Create a new one. Reboot to floppy. Be sure that FORMAT.COM is on the floppy. Try the format again.

Format Primary Partition: From the "A:" DOS prompt, issue the following command: "format c:/s". Do not forget the "/s", as this is what will make your C: drive bootable. You will get a "scary" warning message such as "WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST. Proceed with Format (Y/N)?". Since of course there is no data presently on drive C:, just enter "Y" and the system will format the hard disk. The program will prompt you for a volume label. Enter one if you wish.

EDIT:

Looking at the command that you typed in, you are trying to format C: while you are actively on the C: drive causing the conflict.

You typed: C:/Format C:

The "C:" command is switching you to that drive and leaving you there indefinitely. The "Format C:" command now tries to carry out a format, but stops because the drive detects an active presence, which is you.