Sign in to follow this  
mike_pasara

Weird problem cannot describe in subject

Hi, lately my comp has been acting very strange. I wanted to play grand theft auto san andreas on ym pc and when I double click the icon it did nothign i sat there for a while and nothing came up. So what I did was right click and run as... and ran it under my login. Hooray! the game works... but i go to load my saved game and there is no saved games, i vreate a new one but saved it under the 3rd slot because i had saved games under 1st and 2nd. when i went to go play the game it was default settings which i find weird. I exited the game after being tired of playing it and noticed that my backgroudn was gone. i decided to further investigate my computer, I can't open the Sims2 on my desktop. i did a system restore back to the time it was workign properly. still nothing, i go to uninstall the game in control panel then add/remove programs. GTA nor the Sims are there. I go to start menu where GTA is and i choose the uninstall feature and it just reinstalls the game with no cd's... something is deffinitly up... i checked for spyware and i used hi jack this but i don't see anything bad on it... what to do now i don't know

lol yah too bad i don't have one are there any free ones out there that do a good job without killing my computers ressources?

I am administrator, I have it setup so i have to log in with a passwork to get on my computer at login screen to keep nosey people out of my stuff

Uninstall the game through control panel and reinstall, if no virus than sounds like some messed up files in game. Also defrag your drive a really fragged up drive can cause some problems.

Never seen a error like that before. Run Crap Cleaner and RegCleaner. After that if it is still happening try a system restore to before this started happening, and if it is still happening try a windows repair. If it is still going on i would just format and re-install windows.

reformat it is

i can wait a month before i get my laptop tho, it's not like i need these games to live. I should be doing school work instead. Anyways i guess it just comes to show that anythings possible with windows. I've tried system restores and nothing happens. It has to be the craziest error i have ever encountered

Sign in to follow this