V

Post your speed and how much you pay monthly

Thanx for your answer to my post, sorry you didn't realize an increase in speed.  

I just rechecked my speeds and it's Download :: 63.9 Mbps 8 MB/s   Upload :: 5.7 Mbps 713 kB/s so I stand corrected claiming 66.9/5.6 consistently.

You're definitely right when you said speed & pricing varying by location, and it sounds like you are pretty rural (not all bad living in beautiful VT).

I'm beginning to think that the few companies that offer internet plans are all a little bit shady and will do or promise almost anything for our dollars.

The biggest by far . . . being Comcast!!!

19 hours ago, LionBill said:

Thanx for your answer to my post, sorry you didn't realize an increase in speed.  

I just rechecked my speeds and it's Download :: 63.9 Mbps 8 MB/s   Upload :: 5.7 Mbps 713 kB/s so I stand corrected claiming 66.9/5.6 consistently.

You're definitely right when you said speed & pricing varying by location, and it sounds like you are pretty rural (not all bad living in beautiful VT).

I'm beginning to think that the few companies that offer internet plans are all a little bit shady and will do or promise almost anything for our dollars.

The biggest by far . . . being Comcast!!!

I moved here eight years ago from CT.  At the time, the only option besides dial-up was a very expensive, not so great satellite.  People would often ask me if I missed CT, to which I would reply that the only thing I missed was my internet.  Everything comes with a trade-off.

I have read a lot of bad reviews about Comcast, so I think for now I will stick with what I have until something better comes along.  Videos can be choppy, as they sometimes try to play faster than they can download, but otherwise it is mostly adequate for what I need.