Building My Own PC...Tips Please

wyantm06

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple, if you take your time, and read the manuals.

Alright cool I been working on computers on my Networking and Computer Repair class at school. All I been doing now is like putting in ram, putting in cd drives, hard drives, well the simple things. Thanks! I hope this doesn't take me all night to build though  :haha:

Dark did your first computer turn out good?

....you are worrying too much - if you keep this up you will probably mess something up LOL ! - just kidding - but seriously don't worry, its not complicated at all - dont even worry about the whole static electricity issue, just use common sense and it will turn out fine - and yes, working on a desk is the best thing to do, and no, it really doesnt matter on what surface it is

....ive built a lot of pc's but only 3 of those are of my own - and even though i have experience, i still take my sweet a$$ time - i like taking my time and making sure everything is neat and tucked away and stuff like that :)

....you are worrying too much - if you keep this up you will probably mess something up LOL ! - just kidding - but seriously don't worry, its not complicated at all - dont even worry about the whole static electricity issue, just use common sense and it will turn out fine - and yes, working on a desk is the best thing to do, and no, it really doesnt matter on what surface it is

....ive built a lot of pc's but only 3 of those are of my own - and even though i have experience, i still take my sweet a$ time - i like taking my time and making sure everything is neat and tucked away and stuff like that :)

Alright I won't worry. Are there spots in cases where you can tuck your IDE cables away at? I have a blue case coming with see through sides and I don't know if it is going to look like crap with IDE and all other cables laying around in it.

i usually tuck away a lot of cables in the empty 'cd drive' slot - its a common spot, that way the air can efficiently circulate throughout the case.....cases have different designs, so when you get ur case and start putting it all together u will see what the best spot is

Alright thanks. Wow this has been a long wait! Ordered like the 23rd and I don't get the rest of my stuff until Tuesday. I already got the processor/heat sink package and the ram.