Installing another phone jack? HElp plz

t1wireless

Ok i got 2 lines in my house one in my room which is totally for the computer and one in the house but i got my hands on another 56k modem and i am trying to bond them ( i got it done got the right isp everything) I just need to know how i mite get a phone jack in my room using my house number? i tried to be slick and run a phone cord out the window and plug it into the "test jack" plug and lol i felt so stupid after trying it and saying Why is only one modem connecting? lol so anyways if anyone could help me that would be great i could post a picture of the little box but im sure some of u know what im talking about.

P.s. the box is like right outside my window on the side of the house.

Thanks,

tim 

P.s.s. PLz try to respond fast im so close to 57.6k i can taste it (sad Huh? :whaa: Shut up lol)

Do you have 2 separate phone lines to your home with 2 separate phone numbers?

Or do you mean that you have 2 phone jacks or outlets.

If you only have 1 phone number, then you can't use 2 modems (as far as I know, anyway).

I don't have much to add to dn0  or dlewis23's post.If you can get it DSL is usually cheaper than modem bonding .If dial-up is all you can get then this is the only way to increase speed.There has been a topic or two about this.If you do decide that you have a phone system capable of  trying it then I will see if I can find these topics at testmy.

& more info elsewhere.I haven't tried it myself but I have researched it .You definatly need to check with your ISP to see if they support modem bonding.Even then there are a couple of ways they do it.One can be very expensive because they charge you by the minute for the second account.