Police don't have to knock, justices say

water

This is the reverse of the Republican economics "trickle down "theory.This is the Republican drug war "trickle up" bust the small dealer & this will stop the big mafia dealer.

This has worked well on both counts hasn't it?

& I was a hippy in the early 70's

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:haha: You guys are taking this way too seriously. I dont think a malitia is going to solve the problem. If it were tried that would just give them more cause to keep its thumb on its "unruley and out of control" population. I just dont understand. If they are comming in anyways why do you care if they knock? It does give lawbreakers time to hide what they have. I mean cmon for the most part warrants are served in the correct manor with proper evidence and keeps the population safe. Sure you can dig up 5.. 10, even 50 cases of bad warrents or the way they were served, but that is out of the how many tens or hundreds of thousands served a year? Bottom line, unless you are just looking at EXTREME cases you have nothing to worry about unless you are guilty. EXTREME CASES. If the law is out to get you it isnt going to matter if they knock or not. If you are being set up, you are probably screwed and if you are guilty then I am glad you are screwed. Can I get a woot. :haha:

Seriously calm down.  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: Getting wound up wont help. The way I look at it, either do something to fix it... or forget it cause you are just giving yourself hypertension.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Shug7272 ;First on the hypertension :I have an electrinic BP checker & my average is 11o to 112 over 70 to 74.So I think I'm fine in this respect maybe because I don't hold back.Now for the militia heres a quote from the Constitution ,the second Amendment to be specific.The reason for this is that the government federal or state should have a respectful fear of the Militia.This is not the military as in the army ,etc.But organized armed citizens making sure the government doesn't turn into a tyrany.The problem is we really no longer have a Militia in the USA to instill this fear in the government.Sure there are some radical groups that call themselves a militia but really aren't.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

For the warrant  service it's not guilt of the person the warrant is for that is the determining factor of the wrong the government is doing in this.It is their violation of the Constituion Fourth Amendment"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, againstunreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. "

They are sworn to uphold this not violate it.

well, sorry about offending some of you with the hippie comment.

but my point is, what is the big deal with that ruling.

they still have to knock. that is still the law. the DA will still tear any cop that doesn't a new one for tainting his evidence. if it is allowed into court. if there is a law in the state that doesn't allow it then the DA will have the cop that dropped the ball drummed out of the service or at least have him walking a beat.

the ruling doesn't change the law. the only thing it does is prevent a procedural mistake from getting somebody out of trouble.

resopalrabotnick;This new ruling sets a precident that the police DO NOT have to knock.Water posted 1 link  to CNN that had the article.Below is a Google link of several sites that have the news about the ruling.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Supreme+Court+ruled+Thursday+that+police+armed+with+a+

warrant+can&num=100&sa=Google+Search

Damn cholla thats some good blood pressure you got there. Although my comment wasnt so much directed at you. Still you know those electronic jobs blow as far as accuracy. Still good enough. And yea your right about the malitia.But in the day of the constitution the government wasnt as powerful as it is now. Unfortunantly for us I dont think a malitia could ever compete with our government. Anyway all governments pretty much suck. IMO government should be almost non existant. You commit crimes you get dropped off on a desert island and I never have to bother with you again. Then the government can focus on things like making me some roads for my new fangled car and curing disease and HELPING the population. Not figuring out how to tack 2 billion dollars onto a bill to spend on the New York Choir. As long as there is governement there will be corruption. :(

Shug7272;The electronic one I have uses the bicep cuff just like the old manual type.My dentist uses one of the wrist cuff types.The one I have is pretty close to the one he uses because last time I went to the dentist I checked my BP with mine to see if it was close to what it had been at the dentist.& it was.

I agree it would probably be hard to get an effective militia going.But until they do away with it we are still in the day of the Constitution.It is a living document.Unless things do get so bad everyone is willing to do something I don't see a militia  being formed..I hope the US military would not be too ready to kill fellow Americans & would turn on the ones that gave those orders.I wish it was possible to go the non-government route also but there are too many people who don't have the moral fiber to make this work.Imagine those that are criminals now or big business or politicians about the same if they had no government control.We really would need militia then.

I agree about the waste too .In my town the society types started a auditorium for ballet,theater & the like now it has been turned over to the town (us taxpayers to finish & run)

The money spent in Iraq would have went a long way to help this country.But that wouldn't have helped Bush's Saudi buddies.On that note I heard on the news the other day that 15 of the 911 hijackers were Saudis so who should we have went to war against?

iraq and afghanistan were good initial targets. afghanistan was on the ropes anyway, they were a pushover militarily. iraq was at the time the weakest of the more extreme middle east states with enough of a rap sheet to target them. iran and syria are probably just as bad, granted, but it would have been difficult to convince anyone to invade syria and iran was too strong to invade them and have iraq supporting them. the reason things in iraq are bogged down is because zealots from the neighboring countries are swarming the place with varying government support to keep a stable democracy from forming. even the saudis are becoming uncomfortable with the iraqi situation but are unwilling to give up their ties to the us at this point. iran, saudi arabia and syria along with the other states in the region are not thrilled about the prospect of a real democracy actually taking root in iraq. their own people would get ideas from this and might decide that if the iraqis can have one, they want one too.

so the reason to invade iraq was to plant the seed of democracy in the region and knock off one of the major players in a central geographical position to have a base to take over iran and syria from and replace saudi arabia to be able to pressure them without having to give them concessions to maintain a presence in the gulf.

Shug7272;The electronic one I have uses the bicep cuff just like the old manual type.My dentist uses one of the wrist cuff types.The one I have is pretty close to the one he uses because last time I went to the dentist I checked my BP with mine to see if it was close to what it had been at the dentist.& it was.

I agree it would probably be hard to get an effective militia going.But until they do away with it we are still in the day of the Constitution.It is a living document.Unless things do get so bad everyone is willing to do something I don't see a militia  being formed..I hope the US military would not be too ready to kill fellow Americans & would turn on the ones that gave those orders.I wish it was possible to go the non-government route also but there are too many people who don't have the moral fiber to make this work.Imagine those that are criminals now or big business or politicians about the same if they had no government control.We really would need militia then.

I agree about the waste too .In my town the society types started a auditorium for ballet,theater & the like now it has been turned over to the town (us taxpayers to finish & run)

The money spent in Iraq would have went a long way to help this country.But that wouldn't have helped Bush's Saudi buddies.On that note I heard on the news the other day that 15 of the 911 hijackers were Saudis so who should we have went to war against?

Thats why I said if you commit a crime you get dropped off on a island and never thought of again. Bet the crime rate would drop. :haha: