New Lappy

FallowEarth

Sounds reasonable for any laptop that will work. Not everybody games. In fact most people probably don't. Last time I checked it took over $1000 to build a decent laptop. If I needed one, that would work for me.  :D

In fact my mother-in-law was wanting a laptop, I will pass it on to her.

Thanks swimmer.

they have a touchpad ca3le, they have that and the the finger stick. they have had the toughpas since the thinkpad T30 a few years ago. thats why i bought a T30 was becasue of that.

oh, some pictures I just saw on their website showed just the finger stick... it must have just been the model I saw I guess.  -- well that's good to know :)

oh, some pictures I just saw on their website showed just the finger stick... it must have just been the model I saw I guess.  -- well that's good to know :)

no you saw correctly, the xseries doesnt have a touch pad, all the others do. sorry for not posting the right link.

Yeah the ibm touchpad.. did some research.. T30 in 2002 was the first IBM to have both the touchpad and the stick..  I would get an IBM but they are really expensive to upgrade.. 

they are expensive no matter what you do. but they are really well built. i never had 1 problem with my T30. i would have to say they are the second best laptops you can get right behind Toshiba.

I would say that the older IBM pre Lenovo are the best on the market if you are looking for a solid platform and work computer..  IBM has never been a gaming company and never will be since all pc related stuff is Lenovo..

The thing that shocks me is that last year they will selling laptops for over $1200 with only 256mb of ram in them..