The cost of advancement, and is it worth it?

water

Im impressed anyone read it all the way through. And your post is correct. Problem is nobody will tell anyone else they are "wrong" anymore. If you want to do it, there is some group that will argue you should be able too. :( Im with grandpa.

i read the whole thing i have to agree with what you are saying.  The world has always had problems but the difference between then and now is that back then these issues were not takiin lightly but now everything just seems to be taken way to lightly. :roll:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the whole thing i have to agree with what you are saying.  The world has always had problems but the difference between then and now is that back then these issues were not takiin lightly but now everything just seems to be taken way to lightly. :roll:

I agree with you to an extent. I think the victims have always taken it hard but the perpatrators have not. But you are right.

I read it all, too. I don't mind long posts when they are informative and insightful. Shows a side of you we don't see all the time.  ;)

Ill take that as a complement so thank you. :D If its not just let me think it is. :haha:

Yeah I read it shug.

My wife's grandfather's saying is "right is right, and wrong is wrong".

Too simple!

:D

He's right.

Problem is nobody will tell anyone else they are "wrong" anymore.

Tell me about it.  It's partially due to the idea of "relativism" (sorry if you believe in relativism).  I won't get into that, though.  I don't want to disrupt the peace that characterizes this forum. 

And I did read your whole post.  :haha:

"relativism"

1)the concept that a cultural system can be viewed only in terms of the principles, background, frame of reference, and history that characterize it.

2the view that truth is relative and not absolute. It varies from people to people, time to time.

3In ethics, relativism is the opposite of absolutism . Where as absolutism insists that there are universal ethical standards that are inflexible and absolute , relativism asserts that ethical mores vary from era to era, culture to culture, situation to situation. For instance, an absolutist would condemn China's forced-abortion policy, while a relativist would say that in a culture of one billion human beings, such a policy is acceptable and even beneficial for the whole of Chinese society. ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:relativism&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Something like that!  :D

#3 probably says it best.  ;)

I personally feel the temporary insane theory should go out the door. If you killed someone, you either had good reason or NOT! The jury of your peers will know. Now die like a dog!

"I did not realize what I was doing when I drowned my 4 children."

I think there have always been and always will be good and bad parents. Although the parenting structure has degredated with womens lib. I'm not pro woman staying home and being the maid. I am pro ONE PARENT ANY PARENT staying home. Either you want kids and you do it right or you shouldn't do it.

As far as violence and pedophiles it has and always will be a 49%-51% battle. Good and Evil. Back in the 1800's they had cattle rustlers and "fights" consisted of two men in the street with guns with no regards for others. Prostitutes ran rampant and alcohol was a main stay. If you believe in the Bible go back to Cain and Able. The violence started there and has never stopped. Kings ruled kingdoms hundreds or thousands of years ago and used slaves to build monuments (killing MANY).

Early 1900's saw gangsters and organized crime boom in the US. People killed each other over claims to gold and people married 14 year old girls.

In the Eskimo culture having sex with your 12 y/o daughter has long been a tradition and LONG ago if a Eskimo man was traveling and he stayed with another native the host would offer his wife to the traveler with the understanding if he was ever traveling the same would be done for him. Still to this day the age of consent for sex is 16 in Alaska. So it is legal for a 50 year old man to bang a 16 year old girl all day long. 

Rome was a dirt pile of corruption, sex and greed. Where men were slaughtered as gladiators but they were little more than slaves. All for the amusement of the people. This world has always been corrupt but every generation seems to think that when they were young food was cheap, there was little to no crime and people respected their elders. Of course this was never true. There was always a majority of people who where dirt poor serving the rich. Crime was always out of control and youths often acted horribly.

Africans where taken as slaves, worked, beaten, used as sex toys  and killed. All as if nothing was wrong.

It will get worse because now days you cant tell anyone anything they do is wrong. If a man wants to marry a man, hey its cool. You want to kill that baby inside your belly, go right ahead. You want to illegally enter the US and stay we wont say a word. Don't want your kid to pray in school, well hell we wont allow anyone to pray in school. Whats that you want to rape a 10 year old, we'll give you 10 years in prison, which amounts to about the same amount of time you can do for carrying pot. Drown you children to death, nah your not guilty your insane. Don't want to work we will give you money, then at tax time we will give you even more, plus we will give you as an added bonus food stamps that you can go out and sell for 50 cents on the dollar so you can buy smokes.

The USA is just a small blip on the radar of history. It will become so corrupt and vile that one day it will fall, just like every powerful group before it since the beginning of time. All due to the fact we cant tell anyone they are wrong and if you aren't  PC you are the worst person on earth. If you are still reading at this point you made it farther than I thought you would. Have a nice day.

edit: fixed a name for you.. lol

and yes, I read the whole thing ;)

OK, I read the whole thing and I agree with many of the things you said.

But don't you think there's a decent balance between free choice and hurting another person?

OK, I read the whole thing and I agree with many of the things you said.

But don't you think there's a decent balance between free choice and hurting another person?

Oh hell.. none of that was my opinion, it is all fact. My opinion is if you hit another person in the face for any reason you are in jail forever. You wanna abuse a child, death penalty. Violence at all would be punishable by death in my book. Once you affect someone else's life yours should be taken away. Now I don't mean accidents, I mean you sexually or physically harm someone with malice you are gone in my book. Thats the way I see it.

Oh hell.. none of that was my opinion, it is all fact. My opinion is if you hit another person in the face for any reason you are in jail forever. You wanna abuse a child, death penalty. Violence at all would be punishable by death in my book. Once you affect someone else's life yours should be taken away. Now I don't mean accidents, I mean you sexually or physically harm someone with malice you are gone in my book. Thats the way I see it.

I agree.  Not to that extent, but not too far from it.

Well, an abused child can't exactly make that choice before they get abused.

I should have been more specific... I wasn't referring to that part of shug's post.

That's another story entirely, although I still think abortion for any reason is murder.

although I still think abortion for any reason is murder.

I would agree with you 99% php, but you have some different cases. What if your wife is lying on the table, and you have a choice of your wife lives or your child lives? Either way it is murder. What do you do in rape cases, adoption or what.(say a white woman gets raped by a black individual etc...)

I think it is a case by case problem on some of them.

I would agree with you 99% php, but you have some different cases. What if your wife is lying on the table, and you have a choice of your wife lives or your child lives? Either way it is murder. What do you do in rape cases, adoption or what.(say a white woman gets raped by a black individual etc...)

I think it is a case by case problem on some of them.

I think it still shouldn't be her choice.  The baby is not a part of the mother's body, it is its own being, and she should have no right to take away its life.  As far as rape goes, why should the child be punished for the actions of the father?  Adoption is clearly the best choice in that situation.

hmmm.. I sure didnt mean to start an abortion thread. :haha: I hope we can make it through this one with civility. The ONLY case that I can see aborting a child is rape and/or the womans life is at risk. I still dont think it is a choice that should be made by any human, to me it doesnt matter how old the being is if you kill you kill. If abortion was outlawed except for those two circumstances I wouldnt bitch but I wouldnt like it. CMON PEOPLE LETS KEEP IT CIVIL. ;)

Ugg, I can see this going downhill. :haha: