Please help me o wise men.

travis2222

I have tried Cablenut and TCP/Optimizer and either I didn't enter the correct settings (probably the case) or my connection just can't be helped but I am only at 14% of provider which is sad. I have wireless internet running on windows xp.  Surely one of you guys could get me to at least 50%.  I hate to ask for help but I do it only as a last resort.  Teach Me Please.

share-7J6YIZX1N

I have tried Cablenut and TCP/Optimizer and either I didn't enter the correct settings (probably the case) or my connection just can't be helped but I am only at 14% of provider which is sad. I have wireless internet running on windows xp.  Surely one of you guys could get me to at least 50%.  I hate to ask for help but I do it only as a last resort.  Teach Me Please.

share-7J6YIZX1N

Welcome to the site, it looks like you are getting lots of good help. I just wanted to ask about the wireless aspect. That could be your problem. Can you explain your setup a little.  :grin2: Dont worry about asking for help, everyone needs help. I do ALOT.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:  :haha:

My provider has a wireless tower a few blocks from my house and I have an large antenna on my roof that has a thick cable running into the house going into a Linksys ethernet bridge that has a cat6 cable running to my computer.  I have a good signal from the tower so that shouldn't be the problem.

My provider has a wireless tower a few blocks from my house and I have an large antenna on my roof that has a thick cable running into the house going into a Linksys ethernet bridge that has a cat6 cable running to my computer.  I have a good signal from the tower so that shouldn't be the problem.

Hmmm.. ok so has your internet been running fine with the same setup before or has it been trouble since day one?

A lot of ppl jump straight to the tweaking.  This is really a "bonus" step after all other preliminary stuff is out of the way.  Check out: http://www.testmy.net/t-2097

Post back with answers to all questions, like this:

1.  Windows 3.1

2.  AOL 56k

3.  CN/DrTCP

etc. etc.

Post results for tests where requested.  The more info you throw at us, the more ammo we've got to help you out.