Installing operating system on laptop HELP :(

Blunted 2

Ok I am trying to install Windows XP on a computer that has Windows Vista on it and it gets an error and I can't do it.  the error it gets is memory overflow or something.  How can I install Windows XP on this computer with Windows Vista on it ?  Anyone have any idea what could be wrong or what I have to do to get this working ? It's an HP computer and any info anyone needs just ask and i'll get it. 

All you have to do is set the boot order so the CD/DVD Drive boots first with the XP disk in and follow the prompts. Now if you really want to wipe the drive use a bootable disk with Boot and Nuke. B&N takes about 2 hours to run. I've just done the reformat and have had good luck.

PS: You know Vista has its own partition manager built in if you want to dual boot.

All you have to do is set the boot order so the CD/DVD Drive boots first with the XP disk in and follow the prompts. Now if you really want to wipe the drive use a bootable disk with Boot and Nuke. B&N takes about 2 hours to run. I've just done the reformat and have had good luck.

PS: You know Vista has its own partition manager built in if you want to dual boot.

:iamwithstupid: You may want to make a driver cd first. If you need anymore help on how to use Boot and Nuke just holler.

Tell me what you want to do. Do you want to dual boot or just have XP? I would say dual boot.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

This is a pretty good tutorial. There are several parts and they walk you through it well. If you have any problems or questions let us know. If this doesn't help post up what type of PC you have, if the hard drive is partitioned and what you want to get done and we will help ya out. Its really easy but can appear intimidating.  :grin2:

well heres the thing i found all the drivers i need should i just remove vista an add xp or add dual what would any1 recommend?

That is the hardest step. Once you have a good driver cd you are on your way. I like one operating system myself, depends on your uses of the machine and tastes.