2nd hard drive

pitbull481

Have you rebooted  your PC since the reinstall of Windows? If you have not, when you reboot it will detect a hardware change, if you reinstalled a while ago, you will need to check your drive configuration in your bios to make sure that it is set to check the secondary on that IDE. Let me know.

-REH

if your computer doesnt detect it.that meens that you dont have something right in the bios settings. or dont have the jumpers set up the right way they are suppose to be. and if you cant detect it in windows when you go to my computer and its not there its probably because its not formatted. and its unpartioned. so you bought this hard drive "? New? i think the problem is that its unformated to what i see...

Unhook the drive, Restart.

Check the jumpers on the drive, if you are not going to use this drive as your boot drive, check the jumpers and make sure they are set to "slave"

Hook the drive back up.

Reboot.

This should solve your problem.

-REH

organ_shifter, i did what you said "Right-click on My Computer, select "Manage". Once computer management opens up, select "Disk Management" from the left column" i do see my other 80 gig hdd now what do i have to do to use it (store my 3000 songs).

here is a pic

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=lE6P4F8q55UWqLczz8Nh&shareName=Photo

yea thats right sorry. you make it a partition then you format :lol: use powerquest powermagic 8.0 .if you dont have it yet..download it . you can get the trial from http://www.click-now.net/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=0811 ok once you h ave it just open it and the hdd should pop up saying" Unallocated" ok now what you do is you right click on that hdd and it should say "create in the menu you click on create make it logical partition NTFS and choose the driver letter..press ok let it do its thing. after that you should have a NTFS hdd..now you just format it by right clicking again and clicking on format. after that you should be done. if i said something wrng. please correct me someone . im trying my best to help -hope that helps. bye

quit posting dang ;p this is what u do  :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :evil6: :evil6: :-P :-P

Right-click on My Computer, select "Manage". Once computer management opens up, select "Disk Management" from the left column. If you don't see your missing drive displayed in the right top window at this time, you can right click on "Disk Management" and select the appropriate option to create a new partition and then give it a drive letter. In most cases, you will be guided through a wizard of some sort.

If your drive is displayed, you can then proceed to right -click on it from the selection of available drives in the top right window and create your new partition from there. Until your drive is formatted and a letter has been assigned to it, it normally will not show up in My Computer, thus, not being reconized by windows on a functional level. You will even see it displayed in Device Manager showing you that windows does know it's there. but just won't let you make any advances on it until you register it on an operational level.

Hopefully this will help you. My instructions are not dead on, but I think you'll get the feel for it once you are there. I just went through this with a S-ATA drive I just bought. It wouldn't show up in windows without it actually being formatted and assigned a drive letter (even with the latest RAID drivers). Although, I used Symantec Partition Magic 8.0. The older Powerquest Partition Magic 8.0 will work as well.

Good luck :D