frequent disconnection??

deeonly0ne

@ tommie gorman

thanks

@ mudmanc4

i was wondering if maybe wind or cold could affect the antenna? maybe its just too high that the wind blows it too much. we've extended the pole that it was attached to months ago because the old antenna broke due to a storm in the philippines. they changed the antenna though and extended the pole. it was good for around a month then this happened. help pls!

With the SM(subscriber modual), if it is not pointed correctly, you can have a poor signal.

And if you are far enough away from the tower, more interference can happen resulting in a poor connection.

If the SM is swaying in the breeze, you can have a signal that is good then bad then good then bad, etc.

I've done tests in the past with a wireless antenna that was in a strong wind area and I could easily see the performance loss(speed drop or higher lag) during regular webpage surfing, when the wind would gust. One webpage loads fast, the next loads slow, then speeds up to finish.

The other problem can be the base station(main tower) . Such as needing more server or bandwidth capacity.  But that can show up as very slow speeds.

Occasionally a tower can have it's own interference issues, due to a competitors tower, and ignoring interference possibilities in configuration.

hi good day! i've been researching problem with smartbro coz i too am suffering "frequent disconnections" any updates on how to fix this? coz' I suspect this is just problem with canopy configure not the area or weather etc.. This happened when my connection tweaked by technician of smart bro due to its slow speed but now the speed is better but get timeouts every 10-15 mins.. Can any1 post somethin' to fix our problem =) would be grateful . oh btw add me ym <SNIP> thx ya'll!

EDIT: removed ym for your protection

• 7 months later...

hi good day! i've been researching problem with smartbro coz i too am suffering "frequent disconnections" any updates on how to fix this? coz' I suspect this is just problem with canopy configure not the area or weather etc.. This happened when my connection tweaked by technician of smart bro due to its slow speed but now the speed is better but get timeouts every 10-15 mins.. Can any1 post somethin' to fix our problem =) would be grateful . oh btw add me ym <SNIP> thx ya'll!

try to read my post, we cant blame smart if our connectoin would drop out occasionally... canopy just need more height and proper connection configuration,because sometimes - too much traffic in the base station(tower) kicks us off.

proxy servers work on browsers but not in downloading or playing online games.

Here:

http://www.testmy.ne...ions-and-speed/

try to read my post, we cant blame smart if our connectoin would drop out occasionally... canopy just need more height and proper connection configuration,because sometimes - too much traffic in the base station(tower) kicks us off.

proxy servers work on browsers but not in downloading or playing online games.

Here:

http://www.testmy.ne...ions-and-speed/