Test your browser....

Dude111

....to see how many connections per server your getting!

http://spasche.net/files/parallel_connections

First time i loaded it it said i was using 12 simul connections,2nd load it said 13 then 14 and then for the next 5 loads it said 20 max... So it looks like I can get up to 20 connections per server... (I didnt know how many i was getting before,i have it set to 48 but it appears 20 is the highest)

A few years ago someone on another site who has Firefox said they increased thier Max connections/max per server to 48 and noticed mega speed increase so I tried it as well with IE6 and noticed the same... I've had it @ 48 ever since..... Maybe 20 connections is the highest ANY SERVER allows @ once i dunno..........

You know it matters not, if someone wants you down your going down , less the host has a good CCIE. Not forgetting access to more then one machine , and a few peeps that have nothing better to do, or , are on a mission, the server is toast.

true but it stops the everyday person from trying to do stuff they shouldn't be doing

nginx with sendfile on is good of course nginx is still in my eyes so very 'tweakable' it's insane. I've been experimenting with it locally and hitting it up from afar in my spare time. I found that with images or static content limiting the connection rates ie:

set $limit_rate 80k;
eases up the CPU beating takes during high requests. and or 'chilling' the buffer rates ie:
#size
client_body_buffer_size 10k;
client_header_buffer_size 1k;
client_max_body_size 1k;
large_client_header_buffers 1k;
[/code]

Adding worker clients ( if the CPU is going to handle them ) helps with these settings as well. I'm no nginx guru , seems the moe I 'get' about it , the more enigmas, or settings I'm finding.

I'm using nginx with sendfile enabled the files don't get loaded Into the memory but are served straight from the hard disk instead

nginx with sendfile on is good of course nginx is still in my eyes so very 'tweakable' it's insane. I've been experimenting with it locally and hitting it up from afar in my spare time. I found that with images or static content limiting the connection rates ie:

set $limit_rate 80k;
eases up the CPU beating takes during high requests. and or 'chilling' the buffer rates ie:
#size
client_body_buffer_size 10k;
client_header_buffer_size 1k;
client_max_body_size 1k;
large_client_header_buffers 1k;
[/code]

Adding worker clients ( if the CPU is going to handle them ) helps with these settings as well. I'm no nginx guru , seems the moe I 'get' about it , the more enigmas, or settings I'm finding.

i only use 4 workers, one for each cpu core they handle over 5k concurrent connections even with images they only serve static content tho

• 3 weeks later...

nginx is an amazing piece of software. Light, fast, and as everyone mentions it holds out pretty well against abuse. I use it on my dedicated server to run several websites (mostly hosted for others) that do pick up a bit of traffic running forums. The box itself is often under heavy load, and Apache would start to grind to a halt with the load the machine is under.

The connection limit is for being a good netizen. While there are standards, you can enable pipelining which helps more than spawning a boatload of connections as you go. Just remember, more connections results in more server load and more overhead on your network and the server, so use it in moderation. Some servers are aggressive with the amount of connections they allow as well, and will firewall you if you spawn too many in a short amount of time.

• 1 year later...