ISP Test Log Average Enhancements

Go to solution Solved by CA3LE,

Currently when you’re in Speed Test Log for an ISP, and you select Averages, you get this figure Average plot below).. This one is Spectrum  A couple of potential enhancements.

1. Allow the user to pick the date range for the time plot. 

2. For the horizontal bar chart, the bottom two are World Results. It would be nice if the user could pick another ISP to compare to instead of just World results. And have those bars reflect the date range that the User selected. Keep an option to display as it does now (most recent 1000).

3. it would also be nice if the user could opt to view the Average results for ISPs where it looked like our personal averages results pages where the user can pick the date range, and view the vertical bar charts by year, month etc. Probably don’t need days and hours, but making it look and act just like the personal average page would be OK.

Having it default to the way it is now is fine. These ideas would just be add-ons. 

IMG_7178.png

Edited by Pgoodwin1
clarification

• Solution

As always, thank you for your excellent suggestion.

My plan is to basically duplicate what they do over at PassMark's site cpubenchmark.net

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5027vs5684vs5172vs2830/AMD-Ryzen-9-7900X-vs-Intel-i9-14900KF-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-7600-vs-Intel-Xeon-E5-2667-v4

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 9.14.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 9.12.30 AM.png

Definitely won't be easy.  But comparison like that is extremely helpful.

Side note: pretty sure I'm going with the Ryzen 7900X on the new database server.  Currently running Dual E5-2667 v4.  The 7900X hits where I need it most (single thread) and a single CPU will blow the doors off what I'm running right now.  ... couple that with Ryzen's ECC memory support and then they say that the AM5 socket will be the platform until 2027 so upgrade options for many years. -- when you run a mysql database query, that's a single thread operation.  Excited to get it built and compare performance.

So imagine that comparison but with internet benchmarks.  Easy to understand and easy to use.

Those column comparisons are really useful. It’ll be interesting to see what you come up with for the the ISP comparison rows.

sounds like a lot of work.

Comparing ISPs performance over time has value too, as you can see who is leading and who is trailing, see how long they stay at the same basic speed etc.

that AMD processor looks really good