Lsass.exe

rikkkki

India :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Gee let me think about that. he he. Well they might be cause it's not a holiday for them :!: :!: Ya I agree if the upgrade didn't fix it then why would this, but then this is supposed to a repair. :roll: :roll: Definetly worth a try

BTW you can re-activate on-line in about 5 seconds-piece of cake. I did it that way the last few times

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

India :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Gee let me think about that he he. Well they might be cause it's not a holiday for them. Ya I agree it the upgrade didn't fix it then why would this, but then this is supposed to a repair. Definetly worth a try

Yup.  Only thing I can figure is that something that the sp2 disk didn't update on install might be fixed with repair.

Ya like since it's a "repair" the system might "go after" stuff like incomplete or corrupted folders, etc

edit: I think I'll do this in the morning when I'm more "fresh". No "bendas" in the morning :haha:

No, no...  Benda' (or bender for those from away)  is what you go on the night before, hangover is what you have the morning after.... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Edit: It's actually hangova' in this neck of the woods.......  :haha:

Here's a link on the reinstall stuff from Microsucks, oops I mean soft.  Method 2 is his suggestion....  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Don't you mean hangova' :haha: :haha: :haha: I read that on the site and you're right. It's exactly the same. They're getting their fixes right off their own site.I find it difficult to navigate their site, maybe a few more beers, I mean ahh

Their site is next to impossible to navigate......  Havin' a buzz while navigating their site actually might help. :) 

Don't you mean hangova' :haha: :haha: :haha:  I read that on the site and you're right. It's exactly the same. They're getting their fixes right off their own site.I find it difficult to navigate their site, maybe a few more beers, I mean ahh

edit: ha, you must have been editing your ditty on hangova while I was guessing the very same thing on my next post

:haha: :haha: :haha:

"I believe we have to

repair Windows XP because there are two many issues in the same time"

I took this quote from the MS letter I'm not sure about a MStech who doesn't use the correct too.

Hi Cholla :!: Most of the help that I get from MS lately has been people from Asian decent, and I think maybe that they're still learning basic grammer, cause every one of them that I have worked with have done the same thing :roll:

Edit: Actually it's worse than that. "two many issues in the same time" should be "at" the same time.

69 RAT: I don't know if the problem could be in the MBR .I am putting in some links on the  MBR & fixing it.I thought it might be something to check because the error is starting before your OS.

http://www.ntfs.com/mbr-damaged.htm

This link is to make a boot disk that will bypass your typical start up boot files.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips14.html

http://mbrwiz.bigr.net:8092/  This is a MBR wizard download & there is some information on  using it at the site.

The very first time it popped up, the puter had been on for quite awhile. Then all times after that it comes up after desktop is up and running, it takes a few minutes and then it pops up. Now today was the first time it popped up during this "fix" before actually getting into windows(I don't think I was in windows, anyhow-no desktop). I haven't re-booted since it was all done so I will do so now and see what happens

So, if I might be so forward here, let me guess, your dog is a Chow :?: I kept thinking Husky but then I didn't think that was quite right. Beautiful dog to say the least. On Microsucks, do you ever get into the rut where everywhere you to look for something you always end up getting the famous"read this" and it's always like article Q48576389 and of course it has nothing to do with what your looking for AFTER you look at it :?::?: :evil1: :evil1:

She's a chow mix.  Her tongue looks like she ate a purple popsicle.  Thanks :).  Shes' very mild mannered, that must be the mix part because chows are usually an aggressive breed.  Yeah, everywhere you turn you wind up at the wrong information  on the MS website.  :angry5::whaa:  Good to hear that their fix worked for the missing stuff.  That must be a relief.  I will assume but you might want to check it out with the Microsoft dude,  if the repair re-wrote the op sys files and  fixed the op sys reg. entries.

A couple more things to look at:  (Just what you wanted to hear..........)

1.  ) go to Start menu>programs>Startup  Look at the entries to see if there is something there that you previously uninstalled from your computer.  If you could, post what is listed there.. if anything....

2.)  Do you use power management?  For example, does your system power down autmatically if you aren't using it for a while?  (Hard drives spin down, monitor goes black, etc.).  If you do, go in and set all settings for power mgt. to never.

3.)  When the error occurs after the desktop comes up, is everything already loaded and showing down by the clock, or is just some of the little icons there?

4.)  Floppy and cd-rom drive working OK?

Hey cak46. Well, :cry: :cry: the mouse is back to it's old self again :? :? After 2 re-boots. Up until today, the error was coming up after all desktop and tasktray items were loaded. NOW since the "fix" it pops up during the "welcome to windows" screen :!: :!: BEFORE any desktop screen at all :cry: :cry: Also, I have never set anything in power management, but the screen does go to sleep after about 30 minutes of idle time(just move mouse and it wakes up) Next time I boot I'll check into it and fix that if I can. Oh and I recently installed a brand new dvd rom;/burner combo before this happened on 5-28. No floppy drive in my puter at all. I use a usb external floppy.

Does it occur both with the floppy connected and disconnected?

I've only used my floppy once the other day when I copied the lsass file from my kitchen puter onto floppy and then plugged in my usb floppy drive into this puter. I didn't paste file over my existing file so I just unplugged floppy from this puter. The whole time this was going on this machine was on.

Hmmm. Probably not that.  Can you do ctrl+alt+del and see all of the processes running then do a screen print and post it?  Make the window big enough so that all processes show on the list, if you would. 

BTW:  Sounds like the re-install pushed the program that is causing the iss up the list, so to speak, so that it executes earlier in the boot process.  Might want to do a new HJT log and compare the two to see the changes and what was moved around during the fix.  Have you tried fully uninstalling the mouse software and putting a different mouse on the system?  I know you swapped mice once a while ago, but did you uninstall the software as well?