retesting my download result and found this

Larry

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2209 Kbps about 2.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 270 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 39 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3.79 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=HQ4I62J7Q

I dont know if this any better, becouse Im being tweaking cablenut software

becouse someone was telling me I can get up too 4.0 Mbps with tweaking cablenut software..

i just did the stuff on your guide VanBuren, and now when i test at testmy.net, i noticed everything seems a little slower

is it just testmy.net being slow cause of load or something, or did the tweak make me slower?...and if it did...how do i get rid of it?

I suggest you try dslreports servers aswell, i also suggest to use the advanced way of using my tweaks cos its impossible for me to make a custom settings file that suit all ISP 100 %, quality of phonelines, and so on...

If you like "to get rid of the tweaks" just open adjuster and click delete cablenut tweaks and click save to registry, reboot.

VanBuren :)

i did the advanced way' date=' i just cheked my speed again, seems pretty good, i guess testmy.net was just under a lot of load before?[/quote']

Yea, i have problems with speed here if more then 60 ppl testing at same time. And remember that you can always finetune that RWIN value, eg try increasing it using that RWIN calculator, just choose a higher latency, eg if you used 70 ms before, try 80 and so on.

i did the advanced way' date=' i just cheked my speed again, seems pretty good, i guess testmy.net was just under a lot of load before?[/quote']

I have been having a few minor route problems with the server, I have tested the speed on some connections and it has tested perfect... with HIGH load on the server, so load isn't an issue... it is routing either on my server ISP end or on your ISP end. I may be changing who I run my server through in the near future if it doesn't clear up.

I am more than aware of the issue... and on it. I may do an east coast and west coast server... I am not sure yet, but I will keep you all posted.

For the most part... for most users you shouldn't be effected by this problem

Like right now with 70 people testing I get this... which is perfectly in line with what I download at.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 4816 Kbps about 4.8 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 588 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 86 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1.74 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=V083IAFO9

I just need a little time to figure out what's going on, unfortunately this isn't my only project and I do have a day job that takes up a lot of time... so these things take time....

Buuuuut you guys are going to tell all your friends about the site and hopefully give me enough support to be able to drop my day job (actually not too far from that goal) riiiiiiight :wink: --- Then I should have a crap load of time to invent some new tools and maybe get my connection tweaking tool out to the public -

I only have two hands, and programing makes them work overtime...

- Damon - Owner Admin

P.S. What sucks is that I don't have enough time anymore (because of how big this site is getting) to answer all the emails and forum posts like I used to. So to anyone that reads this, don't get butthurt if I don't catch something in the forum you said. But if you PM's I am still right on top of ;-)

Weee! I'm faster than Larry, except for the fact that it's around 6 KB/s now. :x

Bloody router.

CA3LE: It's certainly known that going overseas slows people down alot. Now, I lose 200 Kbps, while others lose way more. I am of course close to the sea, but still, how can this (huge at times) difference be explained?

How many different routes over the sea that separates us are there, just one huge pipe, or more, and at different places under the sea?

Others may answer as well :P

Speed = Distance/time... that is all that I can say.. the farther the distance the more time it is going to take... My guess is that eventually they will replace the current trans atlantic system with a fiber optic system that will make it seem like you are in the US.. But once you are on shore here you get to enjoy all of the busy routers to CA3LE's site.. Not to mention if his ISP is having routing problems then your tests are going to take an even bigger hit..

Weee! I'm faster than Larry, except for the fact that it's around 6 KB/s now. :x

Bloody router.

CA3LE: It's certainly known that going overseas slows people down alot. Now, I lose 200 Kbps, while others lose way more. I am of course close to the sea, but still, how can this (huge at times) difference be explained?

How many different routes over the sea that separates us are there, just one huge pipe, or more, and at different places under the sea?

Others may answer as well :P

Read this link first.....

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7718

Imagine your wheelbarrow got the same size (MTU) as my 10 Mbps connection, also imagine The amount of dirt you put into the wheelbarrow (RWIN) is the same as mine

The only thing now that can make my speed faster is the latency, my latency dosent change before i got a load of 6 Mbps or so...

Thats why i can go faster then you overseas aswell, cos your ping will increase way faster then mine.

These variables together with packetloss is the only thing that limit the speed.

In my case i need a higher MTU to get closer to my advertised speed overseas. A higher MTU wouldnt help you at all cos you almost use full bandwidth.

Think i explained this before, and i hope you can understand that now, maby someone else can explain this better then me

Think i explained this before' date=' and i hope you can understand that now, maby someone else can explain this better then me[/quote']

Problably, and I'll forget it in a couple of days or so. Thanks for the help anyway. :)

Still waiting for that upgrade. :roll:

I have sbc yahoo DSL and there advertised speed is 1.5mbs and I usaully never get above 350kbs. But sometimes I may get about 700kbs but I have never got even 1mbs and sbc says that there average speed for dsl is around 1.02mbs instead of 1.5mbs when others are on it but like I said I never even come close to 1mbs can someone help me thanks!!!!

That is the most beautiful analogy I have ever read -- that is definitly dumbing it up a bit. I may post that on my site with credits to the author.

The pun would be dumping that on your website. :lol:

shanee86: Those are advertised speeds, most never reach those, but getting 90% or more of them is good enough. It sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

Got this today from my host... should resolve the server route issues -- I hope :)

Greetings,

Planet Engineering will be conducting emergency maintenance on the CAR9-X routers to

upgrade the switch engine memory beginning Thursday, September 30 2004 at 11:59pm

lasting until 1:00am CDT. Because of the nature of the work, we will be taking both

the primary and redundant routers down during this period. We apologize for the

inconvenience, but it is necessary to upgrade these routers to resolve some

outstanding issues.

Thanks for your patience,

Planet Engineering

That is the most beautiful analogy I have ever read -- that is definitly dumbing it up a bit. I may post that on my site with credits to the author.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm why didn't I think to explain it this way....hehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kool cant wait for the maintenance work to be done on the site....more accurate=more better ~~~ as always thank for your hard work CA3LE GUY

Microwave

Feels to me like the routers that they fixed/worked on fixed my problems ~ I was so close to changing hosting too... they must have read my mind, or read my post ;-) ~~~~ OR someone that frequents the site might have told them --- OR they got complaints from other users on my router ;-)

At any rate, seems to be back at PAR/