Jump to content
Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:18 AM
Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:28 AM
Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM
i have the same problem all exe files are shown with word file ..please tell me the way to restore settings? i have tried to change registry by save it in notepad as registry.reg and then merge..but it didn't work..
Please help me....
To change which program starts when you double-click a file
To change which program starts when you double-click a file, follow these steps:
- You cannot use this method for a file that does not have a file name extension, or for a file that has an .exe, .com, or .bat extension.
- If you change the program that Windows uses to open a certain kind of file, and that program was not designed for the type of data in that file, the files may not appear correctly in the program. To be safe, note the name of the program that Windows previously used to open the file type so that you can reverse your settings if it is necessary.
- Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking the Start button, and then click Explore.
- Click a folder that contains a file of the type that you want Windows to open in a program that you select.
- Right-click the file and, depending on the programs installed on your computer, complete one of the following steps:
- Click Open With to choose the program that you want.
- Point to Open With, and then click Choose Program to choose the program that you want.
- The Open With dialog box is displayed. Use one of the following methods to select the program that you want to use for this file type:
- In the Programs list, click the program that you want to use.
- Click Browse, locate and then click the program that you want to use, and then click Open.
- Click Look for the appropriate program on the Web to browse the Internet for the program that you want to use.
- Click to select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box if it is not selected.
- Click OK.
Note From now on, Windows XP will open all files that have this file name extension in the program that you selected. To change this, you must follow these steps again and associate a different program with this file name extension.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users