Yes or No  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• I agree
    • I disagree
    • what is a US $
    • areTMN bucks worth saving ? Yes
    • are TMN bucks worth saving ? No

one of the reasons the euro is so strong is because it is incredibly useful in intereuropean trade. there is no exchange rate and no exchange fees to trade with other european countries. you get quoted the price in euros, transfer the amont, and you're set. especially when comparing multiple offers from different countries this is a great advantage.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you shugg, but I also do not think it will happen in our lifetime either.  [nerdly]

Oh yea, I agree with you there. At least I hope not. I hope not in my kids either, but eventually I think it will. Actually I think we will eventually go to one world currency... not the Apocalypse, revelations type thing though, just one currency.

Currently oil is traded on the world markets in Dollars. there is a silent  war to change to the euro. The dollar is under attack, which is just one out of many  reasons we are in Iraq.

Welcome to the forum rw, care to enlighten some of us on the connection between the euro, and the war in Iraq? It sounds as if you may have something more to say about it :)

Who is our major allie in Iraq? Yes the British. Do they use the Euro? No. Who are major critics. The French and Germans, which are big Euro economies. Could this be a link. turkey has been outspoken against the war and they are trying to join the Eu. All wars are for economics and the support of the greenback is a factor.

OK, let me understand you, you are saying that in essence, the war that we are in right now has much to do w/ the fight between the dollar , and the euro?  Wow, gives me something to think about there does it not?

I suppose I could take a bit of that, simply due to the fact that there gas been changes in our currency, like for one , the relatively new colors. I'm just skiddish a bit about the whole one world thing, like the euro, I think we were separated for a reason. And this would only bring us together even more. Not good as a whole . IMO

The war is not for democracy in the middle east it is for a western front against Iran and China. Military bases in the oil fields. .The dollar, Defense spending for British and American Contractors. A continued presence int t he  underbelly of Russia and countless others reasons they dont tell you on TV and I dont know  ,but I think this might be another topic. The dollar is already less valuable than the Euro which the EU has not grown  GDP more than 3% as long as I can remember. They are trying to get stronger and trading OIl contracts in Euros would definitely be a help and would weaken the US economy which is the only way  the USA can fall, which is economically.